Search results

1. A

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

Here @RolloZ170 said "seems", but no other evidences regarding HPE vendor-locked EPYCs... Also here that HP doesn't lock their EPYCs.
  2. A

Here was a discussion and I didn't find any information that HP locks EPYCs. They do it on Pavillion etc. consumer market hardware.
  3. A

I didn't find any evidence that ASUS servers lock the CPU installed. Moreover, that is only true about Lenovo and Dell servers. Even HP doesn't lock their EPYCs.
  4. A

Thanks! I installed 3200 8 Gb sticks for a while, but I can't stop licking my lips while seeing that 128 Gb TruDDR Samsung memory )) I didn't know that ASUS servers are "fusable"... I'm going to install the 3rd on my Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 board just to check it - will it also be fused? I know that...
  5. A

I’m here to leave a review about the seller. I highly recommend cooperation - excellent packaging, pleasant and fast communication, reasonable prices, product compliance with the description - in general, the best of sellers . I bought 3 brand new EPYC 7763 processors for my new Asus server -...
  6. A

FS: AMD EPYC 74F3 24core 256MB-L3-cache , Supermicro H12DSi-N6, with eight 32GB DIMMs , two Epyc 7763 64core

Would take both 7763, but the seller does not respond 2 days...:rolleyes:
  7. A

[FS] EPYC SP3, TR4, or TRX4 CPU Carrier Frame Tray

Have you ever installed EPYC/Threadripper CPU? It's a nightmare doing this without a carrier frame...
  8. A

FS: Samsung 256GB 2S4Rx4 PC4-2933Y M393ABG40M5B-CYF RDIMM $1175

Considering my ASUS RS720A-E11-RS12 server... But I'm not ready to buy it :D - I'm just curious as it's a 4 Tb RAM "kit" can only works in 2P EPYC system (as for Intel you need 12 sticks only)
  9. A

FS: Samsung 256GB 2S4Rx4 PC4-2933Y M393ABG40M5B-CYF RDIMM $1175

Were they installed in 2P EPYC gen 2/3 based system?
  10. A

[WTS] Two Epyc 7551 CPUs

Are these Naples CPUs ever existed locked (by Dell\Lenovo)?!
  11. A

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

Does it preserve the S/N of motherboard?
  12. A

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

Can anyone please help to update MZ31-AR0 (rev. 1.1) to server_mb_bios_MZ31-AR0_R34_F22 (Rome/Milan). As I have 16 384 kB chip I can only flash Rome or Milan (not both simultaneously supported in my case). So, how can I do this? BMC says: So, I need a programmer to flash it?
  13. A

eBay seller tugm4470 - EU shipping low import fees - Any experiences?

The customs can just simply open the parcel and check the real value of the hardware (or check your bank transfers). Chinese usually indicate the contents as a “gift” $20 in such cases :D
  14. A

[Worldwide] Could anyone suggest a good repair service for ASUS Server Boards?

Need to repair my ASUS KMPP-D32 board (doesn't boot, Q-code: 00). Although it's still on warranty - have read many negative feedbacks (on Google, Reddit, Twitter) regarding official ASUS service in Jeffersonville. So, could anyone suggest a good repair service for ASUS Server Boards?
  15. A

BMC Reset Default Password

Is there any way to reset Gigabyte IPMI (BMC) password while not installing Linux? Is there any Windows (or MS-DOS)-based utility like ipmitool? Or any liveCD one can download, write it to DVD\CD\USBFlash drive, boot from it, reset BMC password and throw it off? Or everyone should read the...
  16. A

Wholesaler for used servers?

Dual EPYCs 7542 & 7H12 are cool :D Are you considering to sell them apart (the CPUs)?