Search results

1. X

LSI SAS 9460-8i (CacheCade Pro 2.0 ??????)

Oh and thats tiny. I have always had something against Broadcom / Avago business modell so this is just another opportunity to move further away from them and buy Microsemi/Adaptec. Put this card in the bin and buy a new. Thanks!
  2. X

Oh that was what I was afraid of. Is there any other means to use SSD on the 9460 to do tiering or something like that to accelerate old HDD?
  3. X

Switchadvice POE+, 2.5G and at least 4xSFP+

That draytek one is really interesting. Only wonder if 10gbe poe++ is good to have else it's a steal.
  4. X

Hello, I have tried to get cachecade pro working on this card. I cannot find any evidence in storcli that it is enabled. The odd thing is I can find no way to buy license or activate it. LSI doesn't even mention cachecade pro in accordance with 9460-8i. The latesta articles about cachecade pro...
  5. X

It's certainly perfect! I just wish Patric had reviewd this so we had figures for power consumption. But as you say it's really expensive. Alternatives would be welcome.
  6. X

Hello! I shopped around for a new switch and found the brand hassivo to be quiet cheap but also very power efficient. I went to they're aliexpress site but found nothing that was of the specs: * 4x SFP+ (or even better 2x SFP+ and 2x 10G POE+) * 4x 2.5G/5G (POE+) * 10+ x 1G (POE+) *...
  7. X

Is Xeon scaleable 1st gen BAD?

Forum seems to have cut away a bit. Anyways happy news. Got the server down to idle at 224w. That's the best it can do with 8x sas running in raid.It's still double the dell R730 with E5 v4s. But it's also kind of older and at the top of its generation refinement versus the gold is the new...
  8. X

Maybe the change from "energy Efficient" to "Custom" in bios did something, will need to doublecheck
  9. X

Will see tomorrow if it reaches 4200 then QAT is off since QAT normally limits turbo on these SKU. EDIT: Sorry mean FMA
  10. X

Good point! Will do! Should actually install Windows on new NVME and see what gives me. Just amazed that the R730 is so much more efficient and quiet.
  11. X

Yeah disks are blinking but they do not generate much heat and I guess the LSI is doing some light patrol read. The second cpu is behind the first sorta at an angle/verticalshift so half of it. I will see if I can turn off QAT somehow, do not use it and windows driver got uninstalled so the...
  12. X

Had a look in BIOS and changed from Energy Efficient to Custom the n went into Windows. It is now a bit quieter but still using 340 watts at idle. The first CPU seems low temp but the second is nearly hot at idle. The one the furtest from the fans ofcourse. I can see it only goes down to 1200mhz.
  13. X

Thank you everyone. I will check up on all the bios-settings and hwinfo in Windows to see if something is wrong. I'll get back here with results tomorrow.
  14. X

I have a Supermicro with: 1. 2 x xeon gold 6144 (8core 3.5ghz) 2. 32G x 16 (512GB) 3. 8x SAS 3.5" 4. 2x hs PSU 1.2kw 5. LSI sas raid 7. SUpermicro MB with C627 and QAT (X11DPH-TQ) This thing gets really hot all the time even at idle and uses like 300watts doing nothing. BIOS is all set to...
  15. X

EU WTB: 48+ LFF storage

Looking for 48+ bays of 6-12gbps sas/sata storage. Perfect option would be hgst 4u60. I am in sweden. For home use so reasonably cheap.
  16. X

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Any more dealson this around in europe?
  17. X

IBM M5015 experiences

Is it possible to get Cache 2.0 and all features on an M5015 without using any extra hardware, ie some kind of software patch?