Search results

1. A

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

I finally got one of these X10QBI systems! :) I almost got one before the pandemic, and then prices went crazy, but better late than never. I put a single DIMM it in to get it to boot because I heard they are picky about memory, and it did boot but the fans seem to be running way too fast and...
  2. A

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe $69 with free shipping

And they're gone. Out of Stock / 11 sold
  3. A

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

Really tempting considering the cost of SFP+ 10GBaseT transceivers... Any idea how much power these draw at (or near) idle? And how loud are they?
  4. A

Asus nvme nas with 6x 2tb solidigm for 800$ usd

Those SSDs are $70 a pop on Newegg, so that's like $420 worth of SSDs.
  5. A

40 Supermicro 3.5" tray for $50

I just bought some last week for $52 from a different seller. They arrived yesterday, very well packed, and I was surprised to find they included a bag of screws. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175627755981
  6. A

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

5 available / 177 sold Not sure if a P520 is a step up or down from a Dell T7810, which I already have as a spare... I'd be much more interested in a P620.
  7. A

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

$42 is getting auto declined now.
  8. A

MICRON 1100 2TB 6G SFF for $59

Ugh, I really don't need more SSDs right now... How many should I buy?
  9. A

18 TB WD easystore - $250 new

WD - easystore 18TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive are on sale at BestBuy for $250 Model: WDBAMA0180HBK-NESN https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-18tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6427995.p?skuId=6427995 Limit seems to be 5 per buyer, but they're also available via ebay: WD -...
  10. A

Brocade 6610-24F + 24x 1gbe base-t transceiver + breakout - 95$

$94.99 + $93.28 shipping = $188.27 before taxes... Free local pickup from Rochester, New York though, so maybe a good deal for someone local.
  11. A

DEAD DEAL

I saw these in August, and wasn't sure if these were too good to be true. I took a chance on one and then they were sold out so I didn't post them. (same seller) Here's smart data after creating an encrypted ZFS pool, filling it with data, and running zfs scrub: [root@tobati:~]# smartctl -a...
  12. A

No longer available

Have you found them to work in anything other than an Gen8 HP Blade server? I got some 24GB DIMMs in the past and could not get them to work in any of my servers. (The ones I got were lower profile though. These tall ones look like they may be too tall for a blade.)
  13. A

Intel P3700 800GB - eBay $109 but takes offers

NVMe drives are still ~10x the cost of spinning rust. For small pools it makes sense. I'm writing this now on a system with a ZFS pool mirrored on two NVMe drives. :) But I also have a few 14TB drives, and many smaller drives in other systems, and the cost of NVMe makes it hard to justify...
  14. A

NetApp Flash Cache

The brilliant minds here have better things to do than reverse engineer a proprietary piece of hardware they don't even have. :P Though there's probably a few folks you could nerd snipe by sending them some cards to play with / use.
  15. A

Brocade ICX7400-1X40GQ vs ICX7000-1X40GQ

I'm wondering exactly the same thing right now... Did you figure it out?
  16. A

[Not sure if a good deal] - QCT QuantaPlex T41S-2U 12x 3.5" LFF Bay 4x Node Server @ $619.9

Why not both? I'm currently running 6 2U units while my 4in1 and 1U sit powered off... :rolleyes:
  17. A

Micron 9200 MAX 1.6TB $125 each

I've been wondering about these too, but don't really need them... Do they really use 14W idle? It's currently showing 40 sold, 60 still available FWIW.
  18. A

EXPIRED Supermicro 847 45 bay JBOD - $200

Based on past experience (with a different seller IIRC), I'm hesitant to assume anything listed as "For parts or not working" would work or can be easily fixed. This seller does seem to be accepting returns though, so maybe...
  19. A

1U, 2x E5 V1/V2, SAS1, 10x SFF - WIWYNN LYRA-M SV315 ~$100 w/free shipping

For the record (since sellers often change their prices, and to save folks a click) it's currently $108 with free shipping, and includes 2x E5-2630v2 CPUs. No idea where to get the HDD trays, though I imagine they must be easier to search for than GIGABYTE branded ones -- which is what I...
  20. A

Dell P31H2: $99

That seems like a big heat sink for a PCIe bridge. Is that normal?