Search results

1. S

Looking for Brocade 300 8 Gbit/s License

Dear Community, I am looking how to get a license for a Brocade 300 SAN Switch 8 Gbit/s. However, I can't find a dealer which sells such a license. Any feedback how to get such a license would be highly appreciated! Thank you! Cheers, Chris
  2. S

Recommended Fiber Channel HBA for ESXi 7?

Gents, when looking for Optical Transceivers, which one should I choose? There are so many out there! Would you suggest to buy LPE12002 or LPE16002 for vmware7 regarding compatbility and future-proof? :)
  3. S

Thank you gents for your recommendation regarding Emulex. I will go for that now :)
  4. S

Hey Steven, thanks a lot for your generous offer! Unfortunately, I am not in the US! Interesting to read that you are recommending Emulex because originally, I wanted to go with Brocade 300 FC switch and Qlogic adapter. Do you have some more examples or maybe some use cases why I should rather...
  5. S

Dear Community, I have used iSCSI for years now, but I would like to shift my setups to cost-efficient 8 Gb/s Fiber Channel. I use these typical homelab solutions like FreeNAS / TrueNAS and ESXi (thanks to this forum I got know that FC will be only supported by TrueNAS Enterprise License). I...
  6. S

Looking for Switch Vendor with proper VLAN features

Thanks for your answers so far. Alright, I noted Brocade on my todo list... are there any other models you could recommend? How is Brocade in comparison to Cisco, Juniper, etc.? As mentioned, my only item which needs to be fullfilled is secure VLANs. I had to search a while. When I see it...
  7. S

Looking for Switch Vendor with proper VLAN features

Hey guys, In my setup I have installed a couple of netgear switches. However, while testing VLAN functionality at client side, it was possible to capture the traffic transmitted on a neighbour VLAN. I forwarded this issue to Netgear. They told that they are aware of this issue and my switch is...
  8. S

Branded Chelsio T520-CR by Dell

Dear Community, I urgently need your advice: I found a cheap Chelsio T520-CR on this site: https://www.techbuyer.com/httg1-dell-chelsio-t520-cr-10gb-dual-port-ethernet-adapter-106002 Right now, I need a new NIC for my FreeNAS setup. The site says that this Chelsio T520-CR is branded by Dell...
  9. S

1U server with 1 GPU

Hey, thanks a lot for your answers. That's a good hint regarding Quadro GPUs. I will have a look at them :)
  10. S

1U server with 1 GPU

Hey, I'm looking for a 1U server chassis with enough space for a double width graphic card of GTX1000 series (e.g. 1050). If it helps: The graphic card may be low profile! While googling, I found following servers: 1.) Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 1U | 5019P-WTR I like the options...
  11. S

STH xmrig Monero Mining Docker Image

Guys, I think I found the mistake... Running numactl --hardware: numactl --hardware available: 8 nodes (0-7) node 0 cpus: 0 1 2 3 32 33 34 35 node 0 size: 0 MB node 0 free: 0 MB node 1 cpus: 4 5 6 7 36 37 38 39 node 1 size: 7915 MB node 1 free: 6249 MB node 2 cpus: 8 9 10 11 40 41 42 43 node...
  12. S

Okay, so i just switched to ubuntu for testing purpose. I ran lscpu and received this result... Wow... This is completely different from Windows... So... I was happy and thought problem is solved! I created docker startup scripts for two containers. I wanted to test two containers first. One...
  13. S

Logical Processor to Cache Map: **-------------------------------------------------------------- Data Cache 0, Level 1, 32 KB, Assoc 8, LineSize 64 **-------------------------------------------------------------- Instruction Cache 0, Level 1, 64 KB, Assoc 4, LineSize 64...
  14. S

Dear KioskAdmin, thanks for your input. But basically, I tried this already... :/ Scenario 1.) Starting physical cores 0,2,4,6 in instance 1 => 40 hashes/core (numa node 1) 2.) Starting logical cores 1,3,5,7 in instance 2 => 40 hashes/core (numa node 1) this means, all cores of numa node 1 are...
  15. S

Hey guys, are there any important things to know about windows and numa nodes? I had a look into task manager and noticed this test-system offers 8 different numa nodes (2 sockets, 16/32 threads each processor; 32/64 threads in total). Test scenario: 1.) Starting cores 0,2,4,6 (numa node 1)...
  16. S

X10SRH-CF fails with Chelsio T520-CR / T520-SO-CR

Dear Rand, that's exactly the solution for this problem ;) I was in contact with Supermicro. They supplied a new BIOS version which fixes this problem. Now it's working! Thanks for your feedback! Cheers, Chris
  17. S

X10SRH-CF fails with Chelsio T520-CR / T520-SO-CR

Dear folks, I'm reading STH since a long time now and it was great to follow all these interesting topics on this site. So at this point: Thanks for all your time you put into this site! I like building some home servers and I'm just about to finish my new ZFS server. Most of the time, it was...