Search results

1. Pheckphul

Experience with SAS3 attached to Supermicro SAS2 backplanes?

Hello. I'm considering picking up a Supermicro CSE-847E16-R1K28LPB chassis with BPN-SAS2-846EL1 and BPN-SAS2-826EL1 backplanes. I've read that quality SAS2 interconnecting hardware will function at SAS3 when connected to SAS3 storage/HBAs. I am wondering what people's experience has been running...
  2. Pheckphul

Please help recover Supermicro X9DRH-7F-JBOD's onboard LSI SAS 2308

I wasn't sure which forum, this one or RAID Controllers and HBAs, so I posted it both places. Didn't find a rule against cross-posting. No kill I. TL;DR: I have a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD which has an onboard LSI 2308. It won't show up at boot time unless an add-in LSI SAS card is...
  3. Pheckphul

Please help recover Supermicro X9DRH-7F-JBOD's onboard LSI SAS 2308

TL;DR: I have a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD which has an onboard LSI 2308. It won't show up at boot time unless an add-in LSI SAS card is installed. It locked up doing a firmware update and now is in an unusable state. I've tried to erase the flash (-e 6 and -e7, and also via megarec...
  4. Pheckphul

Any issues with flashing Cisco UCS-RAID9271CV-8i with generic LSI firmware?

Are there any issues with flashing Cisco UCS-RAID9271CV-8i with generic LSI firmware? I'm considering buying one to put into a Windows 10 desktop with a CacheCade 2.0 key to speed up some rust disks. I don't know what Cisco does to their controllers, but I'm a big fan of running generic LSI...
  5. Pheckphul

M5014 CacheCade question. Have I been screwed by eBay seller?

Hello. I purchased an IBM M5014 ServeRAID from eBay that claimed to include CacheCade Pro v2.0. As far as I can tell, they failed to include the hardware key. I just want to double-check with you folks that I know what I'm doing. I've read that you can't use a CacheCade hardware key made for...