Search results

1. Pheckphul

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

It's a reference BIOS, not really meant for end-users such as us, but for motherboard manufacturers to base their BIOSs around. Thus the engineering-level technical terms instead of "clicky here to make it worky."
  2. Pheckphul

I have had zero problems using DAC cables. I've used some no-name generic, a 10Gtek, and a Cisco without a single hiccup going to a Dell PowerConnect 8024. As for the x553 performance, the Intel Denverton C3xxx series processors are specifically aimed at network-intensive tasks, thus the...
  3. Pheckphul

Not the answer you are looking for, but it is a data point. :p I got console redirection to work by enabling it in the BIOS and connecting a standard DTE RJ45 to DB9 cable using SecureCRT on Windows with terminal emulation set to "OEM-US" to get the DEC Special Graphics/VT100 line drawing...
  4. Pheckphul

Yeah, that's the same cooling setup that came with the spare mobo I bought from Qotom, except I don't have power and ground wires soldered to mine. I really wish they'd put more thought into the rack-mount unit. As I said in the YouTube comments, this is the first rack-mounted bit of computer...
  5. Pheckphul

Any issues with flashing Cisco UCS-RAID9271CV-8i with generic LSI firmware?

Sorry, I don't recall the steps off the top of my head as it was two years ago the last time I did it. However, it's in the system I'm using to type this. As far as I recall, I just used the standard UEFI tools and this firmware package named "23-34-0-0019_SAS_2208_FW_IMAGE_APP_3-460-115-6465."...
  6. Pheckphul

Supermicro X10SLH-N6-ST031 1U $90

I wouldn't say it eats power. CPU is only 80w, whole thing can't use more than 300w.
  7. Pheckphul

Experience with SAS3 attached to Supermicro SAS2 backplanes?

Thank you for the replies guys.
  8. Pheckphul

I was chatting with a person on Discord who said if you force the SAS3 to 12Gb instead of setting to 'auto' SAS3 speeds would be achieved assuming good SAS2 interconnects. Not true?
  9. Pheckphul

Hello. I'm considering picking up a Supermicro CSE-847E16-R1K28LPB chassis with BPN-SAS2-846EL1 and BPN-SAS2-826EL1 backplanes. I've read that quality SAS2 interconnecting hardware will function at SAS3 when connected to SAS3 storage/HBAs. I am wondering what people's experience has been running...
  10. Pheckphul

Help with HP 9207-4i4e needed - firmware update problem. LSI SAS2308

I have a recovery and update ISO I got from LSI called "LSI PreBoot CD," but it doesn't have anything on it for the 2308, only 2108, 2208, 3008, and 3108. @fohdeesha says a recovery ROM won't help any more than a normal ROM in my situation. He replied and has given me a few things to try, but...
  11. Pheckphul

Great! Glad I was able to help. I never found any reference to a 2308 recovery ROM, and had assumed this was because the two chipsets are so closely related, but perhaps it just never made it out of LSI. Who knows. Strange that the UEFI doesn't work when it plainly shows you've got it...
  12. Pheckphul

Please help recover Supermicro X9DRH-7F-JBOD's onboard LSI SAS 2308

Your photo says this is an LSI 2308, and I believe they aren't shipped in an IR configuration, only 2208s. I think that is the problem.
  13. Pheckphul

Yeah, I saw the lsirec project on Github. I came across it via Google, and it is part of the evidence that @fohdeesha knows a lot about LSI's SAS boards and chipsets. Maybe he'll get back to me. As for Supermicro, yes, I've considered sending them an email. They're only 30 miles from my home...
  14. Pheckphul

BTW, here is a 2308-based card that is PCIe 2.0: https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/12352040 It's the 9205-8e. So, yeah, just depends on the chip stepping I guess.
  15. Pheckphul

I used the sas2flash.efi from P20 on an a Gigabyte AMD x570 Aorus Master. I wouldn't waste more time on it, unless you are a stubborn bastard like me, and don't like to lose. ;-) Especially as I sent you a link to where you can get one shipped for $20. I've given up on trying to save my...
  16. Pheckphul

Correct. :) Well, I'm completely out of ideas. You had already tried most of what I suggested, and I'm sorry the flash image of my card didn't work. WTF is up with -uflash not liking the image? It's from the same version card as yours. I'm stumped. Sorry. :(
  17. Pheckphul

Sorry, I forgot to address this. My brain was zonked as it was around 4am. 2308 firmware and BIOS will definitely work on 2208-based boards. This is what cross-flashing from IR to IT is. However, from the errors I've seen posted, I don't believe the reverse would work. You wouldn't want to...
  18. Pheckphul

You're welcome. Try flashing the origflash file. It's a backup of the entire flash image, based upon what the SAS2Flash Reference Guide states. Use -dflash origflash origfirm.
  19. Pheckphul

This should get you to HPE's downloads page for the H222. This is their most recent Windows flash package for the H222. You can extract it with 7zip on either Linux or Windows. Of course ignore the Windows sas2flash.exe. Not sure if this'll help since all of the previous flashing is failing...
  20. Pheckphul

@madbrain Yes, you don't want to be flashing the card under Linux or Windows. DOS or UEFI are the best. I used UEFI. I've been told the reason you can use the 2208's recovery firmware from Broadcom is because the chips are from the same family. As for getting firmware/BIOS files from HPE to...