Search results

1. Schoondoggy

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

HPE shows all BIOS updates as requiring entitlement, but BIOS updates that contain patches for CPU vulnerabilities seem to be downloaded without entitlement. HPE does not state this anywhere.
  2. Schoondoggy

It looks like the M.2 drive options from the factory were M.2 SATA, but there is a reference to PCIe M.2. Can any one that bought one of these confirm if it is capable of M.2 NVMe? Thanks
  3. Schoondoggy

Those are just spare parts lists.
  4. Schoondoggy

Sorry, if this was already posted. The maintenance and service guides are a good reference: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04951700
  5. Schoondoggy

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

We have been short staffed with COVID-19, its been a little tough getting people to respond. We only had to update these for a short period of time, as new product is shipping with the latest firmware. One of our techs seems to recall that we need to configure the SAS controller with IR firmware...
  6. Schoondoggy

I don't recall, I will check with one of our production techs.
  7. Schoondoggy

The specs show SAS and SATA support. The CCL shows SATA drives. There were issues with the expander on these chassis. There is updated firmware for the expander and the SAS controller, under the download menu: QuantaGrid SD1Q-1ULH | 1U Storage Server | QCT.io
  8. Schoondoggy

Our customer uses the QCT D51PH-1ULH. The CCL for this offers a few other choices for OCP 2.0 NICs. There is a dual port 25GbE option: Marketing summary report
  9. Schoondoggy

If you go to the CCL, it lists under the section Storage Card CCL, BBU Supercap: CVFM03/CVPM02 or CVPM03 Marketing summary report
  10. Schoondoggy

I believe it does, if my memory serves me.
  11. Schoondoggy

One of our customers uses this chassis. They have not had any issues with the rack rails mounting and working properly in enterprise racks like the one you mention in your post. They include a cable management arm which has had mounting issues with racks that have limited room between the back...
  12. Schoondoggy

This chassis from QCT Quanta is popular with storage providers due to its density per rack 'U'. I work for a system integrator, one of our customers uses this chassis with a different QCT system board. Unfortunately, due to its size and design it does not ship well individually. We ship four...
  13. Schoondoggy

By hard to find, I meant manufacturers are not making new versions of OCP 2.0 cards.
  14. Schoondoggy

Page 1-9 in the user manual.
  15. Schoondoggy

They are OCP 2.0 Mezz cards. They are a bit hard to find as the market has moved to OCP 3.0.
  16. Schoondoggy

Here is the CCL for this server: Marketing summary report
  17. Schoondoggy

7mm SAS SSD are hard to find. Seagate was one of the last to make 7mm SAS. New SAS drive models are 15mm.
  18. Schoondoggy

A Study of SSD Reliability in Large Scale Enterprise Storage Deployments

An interesting study: https://www.usenix.org/system/files/fast20-maneas.pdf Section 8 has some interesting observations.
  19. Schoondoggy

Intel DC P3520 SSDPE2MX012T7 1.2TB PCIe 3.0 NVME U.2 SSD Warranty 2022 $99.95

Not if the SFF-8643 is SAS only. U.2 drives are NVMe and use PCIe lanes for connectivity. There are HBA like the LSI 9400 that are tri-mode, SATA or SAS or NVMe from each SFF-8643 connector.
  20. Schoondoggy

Intel DC P3520 SSDPE2MX012T7 1.2TB PCIe 3.0 NVME U.2 SSD Warranty 2022 $99.95

If you want to boot from this drive, U.2 NVMe, the worktation would need to have a UEFI BIOS and support booting from NVMe. For connecting the drive I have used the Startech board that was referenced above. Additionally, I have used these two adapters to provide a connection to cable to U.2...