Search results

1. B

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

What riser do you have in the 4th pic? I have tried this before without luck, and I would love to give it another shot.
  2. B

Hey guys, I just bought some RAM and the weirdest thing happens when I try to test it. The BIOS (or command line in Ubuntu) will get about halfway through the mem test then the system will restart. Is it a bad stick? How do I find out which one it is without the test having finished? Thanks...
  3. B

Does anyone have a good guide on how to set up the Mellanox 10G mezzanine cards for the Wywinn's? I have the F03C3A07 if that would be helpful.
  4. B

Has anyone tried this? I'd be interested in doing this, I kinda regret having a Wiwynn instead of a Quanta due to the BIOS.
  5. B

That's too weird! This worked for me! Thanks a ton for the tip, I only wanted the monitor to see if the card worked anyway, and it didn't occur to me that it could be the issue.
  6. B

Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but I do have a similar issue on a Wywinn. I'm trying to install a GTX 660Ti on one of the boards and it worked *once*. Ubuntu booted no problem and the monitor showed my desktop. However, on every boot since the very first with the card the monitor shows...
  7. B

Ubuntu 16.04 using cpuminer-multi with 20 threads per node (optimal thread number depends on your processor cache) and I get ~700H/s out of each for a total of ~1.4kH/s.
  8. B

The crypto is Monero and uses an algorithm called cryptonight which was designed to be cpu specific. Using both quanta boards with E5-2650's I make about $2.70/day after electricity costs.
  9. B

1) Idling mine is dead silent, under full load (crypto mining 100% core usage) it's fairly loud, but I have little to compare it to. Anything in between doesn't seem too loud. 2) Weight is probably like 30 lbs or so? It's not too heavy to move or anything.
  10. B

I have a Wiwynn although if I could go back in time I would have gotten a Quanta. The ancient BIOS has been a major PITA.
  11. B

I love mine. It really depends what you are using it for though. It makes a great workstation. No so greatfor video processing or storage.
  12. B

Well that explains why I can't find the port! Back to the controller card.
  13. B

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out what the mini SAS port looks like on the board and which adapter I should buy for it to run some extra HDD's. any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  14. B

Here it specifies that E5-2600 v2 is supported http://www.h3platform.com/download/Datasheet_SV7210.pdf Yep, that's the conclusion I came to and returned the card. Shame, it fit so perfectly.
  15. B

Hi guys, I have a Wiwynn SV7210 that I've had running for a couple of months now and I just bought a GTX 1050Ti (which fits perfectly in the small space) so I can do some GPU computational work on the system. However, when I try to boot the node with the card it will get as far as the American...