Search results

1. M

SmartOS under ESXi thoughts

Hi all. Does anyone see an issue with running SmartOS under ESXi, with the ZFS iSCSI ported back to ESXi to store the other VMs? I want to stay with Solarish for a mature ZFS option, which limits my options to SmartOS/OI at this point in time. I've heard of other distros doing this via iSCSI...
  2. M

Where is the STH mining pool?

Inquiring minds want to know! =)
  3. M

Older SM MB, H8DME-2 with SMBus connection ...

I cannot find out what kind of connectors are used for the SMBus connections from my motherboard to the 846TQ backplane. I've tried parts lists, online finders, etc and I'm stumped. Motherboard: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DME-2 Backplane...
  4. M

Deleted

Deal was updated and is no longer a deal - removing. -mox
  5. M

Supermicro 846 TQ backplane PWM headers question ....

I see the the TQ has 4 4-pin fan headers. However, I don't see a data-cable connecting the backplane to the mobo, just power connectors. Who/what controls the PWM functionality? Are there onboard-temp sensors? Am I missing a cable? Thanks! -mox
  6. M

4xSATA-4xSATA?

We're all probably familiar with the SFF8087 to SATAx4 cables, but I have an old SM846-TQ with 24 direct SATA and 3 old SATA cards. Sure, can hand-bundle 24 cables and all that, but it would be cleaner to find a professional solution which is thinner than a stack of SATA ribbon cables. 4-SATA...