Search results

1. T

ASRock Rack GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 Genoa Motherboard Review Build

Do you know of a specific brand / make / model of a 1000+ watt (1,100 or even higher) fully modular power supply with at least three 12V EPS connectors that would work? I am looking to use this same exact motherboard (or possibly a GENOAD8X-2T/BCM motherboard) with an EPYC 9654 processor, and...
  2. T

Motherboard Review Article is here: https://www.servethehome.com/asrock-rack-genoad8ud-2t-x550-genoa-motherboard-review/#comment-506701 Does anyone have any detailed information including pictures and a detailed parts list for the STH ASRock Rack GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 build? I am looking for...
  3. T

Motherboard Review Article is here: https://www.servethehome.com/asrock-rack-genoad8ud-2t-x550-genoa-motherboard-review/#comment-506701 Does anyone have any detailed information including pictures and a detailed parts list for the STH ASRock Rack GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 build? I am looking for...
  4. T

Supermicro SC-846E1 Build Log

Is it possible that one particular DIMM is different and/or possibly doesn't have a temperature sensor on the DIMM itself? Maybe that "N/A" and "Not Present" means that the temperature sensor information is not being read correctly (or maybe possibly that the DIMM is defective/bad?) Have you...
  5. T

Sweet! So the ES "QF8D" sample works? What BIOS and IPMI firmware did you update to?
  6. T

Good to know! :) I saw some great deals on "ES" chips, and I was quite curious (and tempted) to buy a few. I'm glad to see you bought one, and I'm hoping that you can get it to run. If so, then I may pick up a few as well. :) :) :) Hmm... strange.
  7. T

BANGING 24-bay barebones deal

Just received my eight Gigabyte MD70-HB0 mainboards today! :) :) :) I'll be tearing out the SuperMicro mainboard(s), and installing the Gigabyte MD70-HB0 mainboard. Hopefully I can re-use the same heat sinks, fans and air shroud. I'll probably start the upgrade this weekend (I'll take/post...
  8. T

I did notice that on the first chassis (with the two heat sinks and the air shroud) that the Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8I Eight-Port 6Gb/s SAS Internal Add-on RAID Adapter Card is missing the metal mounting bracket, and is held in place by two plastic zip ties. (I'll search ebay tomorrow and see if...
  9. T

Three Chassis, each with dual redundant 1200W power supplies. One chassis had both heat sinks, and one air shroud (complete). Second chassis had both heat sinks (no air shroud). Third chassis had no heat sinks and no air shroud. One chassis has a scuff mark on one of the hard drive trays. All...
  10. T

There were three total pallets, but only one and a half (3 systems) were actually mine. My name/address was on all three pallets/shipments. Apparently someone messed up the shipment paperwork. The systems were/are delivered, and everything looks to be in fairly good shape. I haven't had time...
  11. T

I just got home, pulled in the driveway and there's a semi-truck parked on the street in front of my house. :) I'm guessing that the server equipment is here. :) :) :)
  12. T

Well, then that's the excuse that I'm gonna try to use from now on! :) :) A little bit of Brasso, and a tiny smudge of Gadget Care can make it all shiny again! :) Yeah, I have a full CCIE rack of Cisco equipment (for my Cisco lab). I also have eight C6100's (with four nodes each) all...
  13. T

I wish, I got nothing! I went to the shipping/freight center early this morning, and the pallet is missing. They don't know where its' at. We spent almost 2 hours looking for it, and they still don't know where the pallet is. They believe it might be out on a truck somewhere (by accident?)...
  14. T

Bumgarner pitched five scoreless innings! Their third World-Series in 5 years... I'm happy for SF. My Chicago Cubs have absolutely zero hope/chance at ever winning a World Series (during my lifetime?) I probably got a better chance at winning the lotto (3 times in a row) then seeing the Cubs...
  15. T

I'll strap them to my back and walk home (in 10 feet of snow, if I must...) ;-) Hopefully I'll have all my stuff tomorrow. :) :) :)
  16. T

I called Dayton Freight this afternoon, and told them to just hold the shipment/pallet for pickup. They said that I could come pick it up tomorrow morning at 9AM. The address for the shipping center/warehouse is about an hour north of me (just north of O'Hare airport in Des Plaines). I'll...
  17. T

Well, all three of mine are being held up at a warehouse (shipping/freight center) since Monday. Dayton Freight has the shipment (palletized) but they can't deliver to a residential address (without authorization for a straight truck and/or lift gate delivery). They won't bring a tractor...
  18. T

In the response that I received from Nick (from Liquid 8), I was told it was an "EL1".
  19. T

This is the exact response I received when I was ordering my three SC846 units from Liquid8: Thank you for your interest. The backplane version is sas2-846el1 The unit includes everything mentioned in the item description: -2x 1200W p/n: PWS-1K21P-1R (hot swap) Power Supplies -Server side...
  20. T

Yeah, I think Sunbeam also makes one (out of China) for about $11 I think it supports 11W per channel, I supposed you could probably use a 5-way splitter cable with it (if you really wanted to). Might save you some soldering and part hunting. Sunbeam 20W Rheosmart PCI Slot Smart Fan...