Search results

1. S

mITX Replacement for Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F

thx, i know this guide but it doens't fit into the 1U case. Maybe i should have mention that i'm also limited in the height of the case. Beside from that it wouldn't solve my problem of having not enough CPU power :)
  2. S

mITX Replacement for Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F

Hey there, im looking for a replacement for my supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F. Why? Because with my setup and workloads the CPU seems to small and the temperatures too high to cool them quietly. The server is im my living room so silence is one of my main goals beside from energy saving. I'm bound...
  3. S

Supermicro M11SDV - CPU Cooler AM4 compatible?

Hey there, can somebody tell me what the screw distance for the CPUs on a M11SDV mother board is? Is there any chance that its equal to AM4 or any other "normal" industry standard? I'm thinking of buying such a board but like to keep the heat and noise as low as possible. Thanks for your help!
  4. S

Disk spin down with Storage Spaces

Hey there, i have a small Homeserver based on Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F and want to get rid of may Raid Controller to save some power. So i thought going with storage spaces seems to be a good thing as i don't need that much speed. I just want to run 2x10TB WD Reds in a mirror. But...
  5. S

LSI 9271 - Spin down disks

Hey, sorry for my late answer. I found your thread before but the drives just don't go to sleep with these settings. I have attached a powermeter to my server and can see when the drives are switching to idle. But they don't spin down :/ Any more ideas?
  6. S

LSI 9271 - Spin down disks

Hi, i bought a used LSI 9271 Raid Controller several weeks ago. So far im very happy with my purchase, but last week i noticed that it doesn't spin down my drives when they are not in use. I'm running a Windows Server 2016 on a Supermicro X10SDV-4C TLN4F with 3x 6TB WD Reds in a Raid5. So is...
  7. S

SM X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F issues with Intel RSTe Raid

So ich checked all the drives for erros. Everything is fine on all of them. Beside from that i bought 3x 6TB WD Red drives (i just wanted to make sure that the drives are ok) which came yesterday. They also keep failing when using raid :/ But i musst correct me with storage spaces. They seem...
  8. S

I tried storage spaces but one drive also failed with "Error write i/o". SMART Status is fine for all drives. I'm running the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics right now. Or is there a better tool to check the drives for errors? Strange thing is that it's not always the same drive failing and as...
  9. S

Hi, i bought an SM X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F for replacing my old homeserver. The board fitted everything i needed. Especially the size and the amount of RAM i can plug into. But i got very frustrated when i tried to build up a Raid5 with my 3x WD Red 3TB drives i had from my old server build. They are...