Search results

1. B

Odroid H2 Proxmox host

I received an Odroid H2 system last week and have it stood up with Proxmox on it. I bought this system so that I could consolidate some virtualization functions onto it with the intent of powering down a few other systems that consume more power. One big thing I wanted to get was hardware...
  2. B

Best storage option for ARM SBC server

I've been slowly coming around to the benefits of using ARM SBCs as home servers including recently migrating a handful of LXC containers from an Intel SuperMicro system to a Libre Renegade. With 4GB of RAM and 4 aarch64 cores, it's doing surprisingly well, especially when you consider its power...
  3. B

Hard to explain high CPU temp

I've had an X9SCM-f system for a very long time. Until recently I had a Xeon E3-1230 v1 (Sandy Bridge) in it and I always remembered it idling at about 90F - and I used to care a lot about that because I had it in my living room and had a big passive heatsink on it with a gigantic (but SLOW) fan...
  4. B

OpenIndiana Hipster under Proxmox with SAS HBA PCI passthrough

I'm trying to combine my virtualization (Proxmox VE) and filer (OpenIndiana Hipster) together into one physical system to save on power but had a frustrating time with it yesterday. I can install OpenIndiana as a VM just fine - but when I pass through an LSI SAS HBA to it, suddenly it fails to...
  5. B

Solarish 10GBE compatibility

I am converting an X9SCM-f from Proxmox duties into a dedicated NAS. I had intended to run OpenIndiana Hipster on it, and got that installed a bit ago. I was pretty shocked to see that my ConnectX-2 10GBE adapter wasn't recognized, and after doing a bit of spelunking on the web, found this...
  6. B

X10SLM+-LN4F won't POST, no beeps

I bought a used X10SLM+-LN4F via this and a Haswell i3-4170 on eBay. I have various pairs of unbuffered ECC DDR3 already that work in another system (X9SCM-F). The RAM I tried is a pair of 2GB DIMMS from an R710 (this might be registered so might not work), 2x4GB sticks of Crucial...