Search results

1. B

WD HDD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4205 12TB 3.5" SAS $76.89

I'm thinking of all the smaller PC's that don't have available PCIe slots. Personally, I wouldn't want to put a SAS card in a system that couldn't hold a 4 drive raidgroup, which includes most desktops nowadays. I picked up a Dell T320 and was able to dismantle my hacky solutions with external...
  2. B

WD HDD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4205 12TB 3.5" SAS $76.89

There are also enterprise SATA drives so you can have enterprise reliability with SATA as well. Just having the flexibility to repurpose drives to more common platforms increases the usefulness of the drives, assuming you don't NEED to have SAS drives. SATA drives means you won't require a SAS...
  3. B

Supermicro Industrial Atom E50-40 SYS-E50-9AP-N5 Goldmont Server 29130EC Brand New $75 $8.00 shipping

Tempting, but I'm sitting on two bricked QNAPs because of those Atom chips, so these are likely walking time bombs as well.
  4. B

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

Were all of these firesales? None of them seem to be available anymore on Amazon?
  5. B

EXPIRED WD DC HC520 12TB $75

The bht script did help a lot to make testing big batches of hds bearable. I think I did have to spend a few hours troubleshooting everything to getting it working, but that included setting upa new server, flashing it mode, etc.
  6. B

Help a ZFS Noob select SAS drives for ZFS pool?

You might as well just leave that on TOP of the rack in that case, rather than deal with pulling it out. That might even be more stable if you can keep it balanced all the time rather than slidding it in and out just to deal with the drives.
  7. B

Very useful

Be careful with the 5x3.5" cages, there is a bad version where the slots are centered instead of offset to one side so that you can only actually fit 4 drives as the space for the 5th drive is evenly split between the top and bottom of the cage. Strangely, the Aliexpress link has pictures of...
  8. B

Very useful

I'd imagine these were for open air chia farm setups.
  9. B

Cheap Interesting Chinese 4x2.5g, 2x10G switch, (but also problems with DACs)

I'm a little confused, so even the non-POE switch has POE circuitry? I haven't had a chance to test mine, and was wondering if I should return it since I was intending to use a DAC.
  10. B

E5-2696 v4 22core CPU for $150 or less

Ouch, that's $800 for that Beelink?
  11. B

EXPIRED eBay - Ruckus R720 - 901-R720-US00 - $135 shipped

That was quick, all gone.
  12. B

8TB SAS 25 USD + 13USD shipping, great deal for lot

Aren't T10 and 520 format to be expected when jumping on extreme deals on enterprise drives?
  13. B

Lenovo ThinkCentre M75n IoT - nano - Athlon Silver 3050e 1.4 GHz - 4 GB $60 offer accepted

Doubtful since the M75n Nano has CPU and memory soldered, and this seems to be the same with a slower CPU but fanless. https://www.servethehome.com/lenovo-thinkcentre-m75n-nano-review-amd-ryzen-nano-pc/
  14. B

Lenovo ThinkCentre M75n IoT - nano - Athlon Silver 3050e 1.4 GHz - 4 GB $60 offer accepted

At least that's close to it's intended use, IOT sensor data collection.
  15. B

NVME Micron 11TB 9200 Series ECO

Only 8 feedback score is pretty low. New account?
  16. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

My bad, wrong link. https://www.riverbed.com/sites/default/files/file/2022-06/steelhead-cx-specsheet.pdf
  17. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Curious, I see references to a CX-780 model in documents, but none for sale anywhere. Did those ever make it to the market? SteelHead Installation and Configuration Guide
  18. B

PCIE 3 x8 adapter for OCP 2.0 cards - $18

A universal adapter that has any amount of safeguards for such a niche market would never get off the ground as they could never get enough volume to enjoy economies of scale. What you are hoping for would be severely constrained by the price difference of OCP and PCI-E versions. As the cheap...