Search results

1. O

C216 Boards?

Thanks to everyone that supplied with information so far :) My comments... Supermicro (Until recently I was working at a scandinavian Supermicro solution builder and reseller company), I'm well aware of their offerings, and so far it's still the 'old' X9 lineup with BIOS updates. meaning...
  2. O

C216 Boards?

Lashton, thank you a bunch, that's way more info than I've been able to gather anywhere (which is zip, apart from the fact that Intel is supposed to release the C216). Now I at least have an idea of what to look out for :) -->...
  3. O

C216 Boards?

Any news or information on boards based on this chipset for 1200-series v2 Ivy Bridge based Xeon's....? The Z77 WS board does not support (un)buffered ECC, from what I understand? and although my P8B-WS well 'eat' an IB Xeon fine? I wonder if Asus will update the P8B WS or other...
  4. O

Intel Xeon E3-1220 for storage servers

Oh yeah that's another thing, since using a GTX570, integrated gpu is a waste for me, and just adding to TDP (i7 95w as to E3-1240 80w) aaaand not planing on OC'ing, not really just want a super stable system without sacrificing the GTX570
  5. O

Ok, nice. Would be nice to see if it's just 'drop-in' in P67 variants (especially Asus) since the P8H67-M Evo of yours seems to run your 1220 and 1230. I was considering ECC-Memory and the metioned SuperMicro X9-variants. But I'll miss my GTX570(lack of x16 port) and eventually 7th and 8th SATA...
  6. O

Quick question... As I'm using an old Xeon X3350 in my daily workstation/semi-gamer machine. I'm going for a Xeon again, and think I'm settling with a E3-1240 for my new system... BUT!!???!? Seeing you did your review with an 'unsupported non-xeon' board(Asus H67 based), does this mean I...