Search results

1. S

Replacement for Rackable SE3016 JBOD?

Just to follow up, I ran with my backup/retired MSA60 for a couple months while I started a new job and made some business trips. Eventually I picked up an HP D2600/M6612 (AJ832A) via eBay, with dual controllers and rack rails. Being able to simply pull drives from the MSA and plug them into the...
  2. S

Small and Silent PFSENSE build recommendations

You need the t620 Plus, as opposed to the more common base models, to get the 4 lane PCIe slot. It also has a faster quad core CPU and faster integrated graphics. More info on this model available here: HP Thin Client: t620
  3. S

Small and Silent PFSENSE build recommendations

Lots of nice options offered. I'm still running an HP t5740/Atom N280 with pfSense, Broadcom Ethernet on-board and a quad Intel PRO/1000 in the slot. Admittedly it only has to keep up with a ~20 Mbps connection, but it does fine even with IPv6 enabled. If I really need to shift to something with...
  4. S

Thanks. While I was happy enough with the SE3016, I won't be sorry to move to a better design. Also, other posts suggest you're in Canadia. There are two outfits within a 15 minute drive of the job I start next week (California) that have the Dell MD1000 in stock at a nice price, so if somebody...
  5. S

Apologies if this turns out to be an FAQ, but I did go back at least six months in this forum and saw the MD1000 discussed: Dell MD1000 with non Dell hard drive, is it work? The PSU in my SE3016 died during a power outage a few months ago (swapped in an old HP MSA60 @ 1.5Gbps). Replacing the...