Search results

1. F

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

Deal dead, up to $93.50/ea
  2. F

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

If you can get yours to route better than roughly 3GB/sec up/down with PFSense/OPNSense let me know - I can't push it past there with my m720q.
  3. F

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Luckily I didn't have to return anything, but they didn't ever answer any of my emails about shipping status until the drives magically showed up. I'd file a dispute with your CC or paypal if they're not answering, that should get their attention.
  4. F

DataDirect Networks (DDN) SFA7700

It's working great with V1s!
  5. F

Nah, it wouldn't help, there are no publically available BIOS updates for these systems (not to mention no manuals, drivers, or anything else).
  6. F

@RageBone Great call on the V1's - fired right up! Thanks!
  7. F

Intel 8x NVMe 2.5" U.2 Hot Swap Bay - $120 seller offer

I'll take 'em, PM incoming.
  8. F

I *think so* - I dug up an old manual and found a screenshot of a v2 post screen, so I was guessing that's what it wanted. But I'll grab some V1s they're almost free nowadays anyway. Thanks for the idea! Edit: Added a photo
  9. F

Anyone got experience with old DDN equipment? I've picked up a couple of massive 60 disk top loader units that actually have little Xeon "canisters" in the back that power the whole thing, but I can't get them to post, nor is there much info about them on the web. Here's what they are...
  10. F

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

Been waiting on that GPU flood for years now lol
  11. F

Yeah, I wasn't super pleased. They all had wiped SMART data, manufactured 2013-2014 era.
  12. F

I run a long SMART test, I dunno if that's good enough or not but it seems to catch most of the drives that I buy w/wiped SMART data that is hiding defects. Had 10/40 4TB drives I bought on Ebay last month fail this way and had to be sent back.
  13. F

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

Eh, even with overhead you're looking at more like 1200MB/sec. And there's nothing you can do to make it faster, that's the downside of SAS vs NVME Edit: I'm wrong, I didn't think about dual port, you can do that w/appropriate hardware & software support as said below. You won't improve...
  14. F

Dell P31H2: $99

Yes, I have a highpoint one of these and the PLX chips put out a TON of heat
  15. F

Seagate 5TB 2.5" external drive - 95$ [costco]

They don't maintain 120MB/sec for the entire disk. They start off that fast (actually a bit faster) but it dies off towards the end to around 80-90. It's noticeably slower by about 4TB written. They don't appear to support TRIM either like some SMR firmwares. So to restore performance after...
  16. F

Seagate 5TB 2.5" external drive - 95$ [costco]

I've got several, they're definitely SMR. They work fine for media storage or the like but don't use them for anything other than WORM type workloads.
  17. F

Brocade ICX6450-48P $99.99 or best offer shipped

I figured they just had 2256 cameras
  18. F

Brocade ICX6450-48P $99.99 or best offer shipped

Someone bought 47 of them lol I bought one though, so thanks! I assume you can use the SFP+ ports for whatever, not just stacking/uplinks?
  19. F

Yeah, I'm at 3+ weeks and it hasn't even been marked as shipped yet. Bitdeals is cheap, but the slowest store I've ever dealt with.