Search results

1. M

983DCT in an R740 or R750

So, I have seen this issue on both R740 and R750. I understand the reason but can't find a work around. I'm using a supermicro dual nvme adapter and bifurcating the pci slot to x4. The dell bios will kick back that there's a pcie link training issue and essentially shit the bed. Anyone have...
  2. M

QuestionTesla P100 bracket

Wasn't really sure where to put this so hoping an admin can move this if needed. Anyone know of a single slot pci bracket that would fit a tesla p100?
  3. M

Looking for chassis

So, I don't know if this is in the right area. I am looking for a chassis that can take 4 asus hyper m.2 cards or 2 at a minimum. I know the system needs to support bifurcation. I would prefer a 1u or 2u system. Having atleast 1 additional slot for a 10/40Gb NIC would be ideal but overall not...
  4. M

Cisco Nexus 3064 firmware

Got a 3064PQ-10GX off ebay a while back. Unfortunately, its on nxos version 6.0.2 U6. Anyone happen to have a version 7 or 9 file on hand?
  5. M

RHEL8 VDO NAS Performance

I just built a 'custom' NAS using RHEL8 in a CSE-216 chassis. Hardware is: 2x2630L v2 96GB PC3-10600R Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD 8x1TB BX500 (Raid5) **Will be scaled to 2x24TB** 3x480GB SM953 (Raid5) ** Currently adding 3 more once they arrive** NFS and SMB are working great but I am curious...
  6. M

[US]8GB/4GB-PC3 8500/10600R

Selling inventory as follows: [$12/ea] 72x8GB PC3-10600R [$8/ea] 60x4GB PC3-10600R [$10/ea] 44x8GB PC3-8500R [$12/ea] 48x8GB PC3-10600R (no heatsink) *price flexible in bulk USPS flat rate shipping from MD
  7. M

Server 2016 ISO

This really is a last-ditch attempt and I do not know if I should be asking this here. Just to clarify, I am NOT asking for pirated software. I have licenses for Windows 2008 - 2016 from my colleges subscription to onthehub. Recently, I lost my ISO archive. I know that I can download the...
  8. M

Supermicro MB w/ USB issue

I recently purchased some X9DRD-LF systems. I have got them fully updated and am using an m.2 to USB SATA adapter as a boot device. I had the devices attached to the external USB ports and they are operational as a boot device for ESX. (much better than USB flash drive performance) I finally got...
  9. M

Dell C6100 4 node 24 bay

I am not expecting to get this to disappear from my basement but I am looking for a good home for my old C6100. She is still fully functional but I have down sized and consolidated my systems over the months and now have no use for this server. I will baseline the servers prior to sale. 24 hard...
  10. M

Converting HyperV to ESXi

This really is just an FYI post incase anyone searches for an issue like this. I recently decided to migrate my HyperV infrasture to my ESXi (6.7) server to consolidate my server rack. Including rewiring my entire network. The VM in question is a Plex media server running on RHEL 7.6 on 2012...
  11. M

Virtualization Server

So, being as my Intel S2600CP decided to stop working (RIP old faithful) ... its time to be out with the old and in with the .... well ... maybe not as old. So I just ordered a new board and am planning out my primary server. Currently the server will be housed in a Supermicro CSE-216 with the...
  12. M

Supermicro X8 motherboard and NVME

I am finally getting my NAS operational and was wondering if anyone had any luck with NVME SSDs working on that generation of boards. The 12 bay 2U chassis has 7 low profile expansion slots. As an alternative, can anyone recommend a goot PCI slot to 2.5 inch drive adapter or a PCI Express card...
  13. M

S2600CP2J wont power on

Forgive me but I am new to the forums and not sure if this is in the correct location. I am not new to computers by any means but it is early and i need to get some coffee in my system. I just purchased a S2600CP2J and dual E5 2665 v1 with 8x8GB ddr3-1600R. Power supply is a seasonic X-850 I...