Search results

1. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Still in love with my 6610 and have pretty much gotten use to the noise level and it is livable. It's overkill for me as I am only using a quarter of the 1g's, half of the 10g's, but am using both 40's. It's also nice knowing I'll likely never need to buy another switch unless I really want 10g...
  2. M

WTB: Xeon D for PFSense & Potential to Trade 16GB DDR4 ECC

What spec is the ram and how much per stick? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  3. M

Recommend: 10GbE, L2+/L3 switch. VLAN ACLs

Yeah I noticed that, it ramps up and down every few minutes. It's not intolerable though.
  4. M

The non-PoE one I got had the basic license. Before I mount it I want to open it up and check the CPU heat sink as it's running in the 60's and everything else shows 30's with no load.
  5. M

I picked up a non-PoE one as I only have 1 PoE device and prefer using the injector for it anyway. Don't need the potential extra noise either. Currently maxed out on 10Gbe ports so this will provide the extra I needed as well. To echo @StammesOpfer I thank you all as well.
  6. M

Interesting indeed, I might have to consider the non-POE version. I do however have to be concerned about noise levels. The datasheet states 48.7 dB, would you know if that is the ceiling under full load or the constant?
  7. M

Potential deal on Supermicro 846B chassis with SAS2/920P-SQ/more

Sorry got busy with other stuff. Here are my notes - Backplane correct - sas2el1 - Power supplies correct - dual pws-1k21p-1r. - Rear 2.5" hot swap bays - no, DVD drive. - SFF 8088 bracket - Yes - All trays/caddies - Yes - Shipping damage - minor, fixed well enough for me. Likely from being...
  8. M

Nevermind, it's correct. Sas2 el1 Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  9. M

Since it was brought up my psu's are pws-1k21p-1r. I'm tempted to remove the backplane just in case. It's an EL1 for sure but can't find a model number anywhere on the back side. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  10. M

Sent pics in a PM. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  11. M

Mine arrived with a cdrom in the rear but otherwise seems ok. Will build it over the weekend to test.
  12. M

DLink DGS-1510-28X 4x 10Gbe SFP+ @Amazon "Used" $199 Prime

Got mine today, seems to be working well so far but I haven't tested every port yet. The sfp+ ports linked and transfer at full speed with 10Gtek UBNT DAC's and transceivers as that's all I had close at hand.