Search results

1. D

FS: Samsung 256GB 2S4Rx4 PC4-2933Y M393ABG40M5B-CYF RDIMM $1175

Are these 16x 256GB M393ABG40M5B-CYF still available? Also, these are RDIMM and not LRDIMM that title says, right?
  2. D

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

This seems was the old Intel Atom C2000 bug found in early 2017 that had been fixed in the later C0 stepping, similarly to this reported in STH: Intel Atom C2000 C0 Stepping Fixing the AVR54 Bug So, If you have a SN2100 or SN2010 switch that was manufactured on a later year, I guess you should...
  3. D

SOLD

I think you actually meant :
  4. D

INTEL P4510 4TB - Upgrade Firmware | Visible in lspci only

Note this part when you were using the nvme cli: root@debian:~# nvme create-ns /dev/nvme0 -s 6875000000 -c 6875000000 -b 4096 NVMe status: Namespace Insufficient Capacity: Creating the namespace requires more free space than is currently available(0x4115) 6875000000*4096 = 28,160,000,000,000...
  5. D

INTEL P4510 4TB - Upgrade Firmware | Visible in lspci only

Your 4TB P4510 behaves weir. From the "sst" tool output you provided above, not only the "NamespaceId" is not correctly represented after the upgrade, the "PercentOverProvisioned' parameter seems is also missing. I don't believe your issue was caused by this specific VDV10184 firmware...
  6. D

3.10.4206 helped in fixing the NTP issue on mangement VRF in my case. Highly recommended to update to this release whenever you can
  7. D

Not all brands of third party transceivers are made the same. Some may have firmware issue. The best is to get the Mellanox "compatible" one
  8. D

I guess because of 64 ports max limitation on Mellanox SN2XXX switches, only the top row 16 QSFP28 ports on SN27xxx switches can be split into 4 SFP28 ports each ( 16x4), thus blocking the remaining ports on bottom row. And SN2100 or SN2010 won't go beyond 64 ports limits even if all QSFP28...
  9. D

I got the 2M length cable from the same seller. The 1M length may not be long enough in most situation unless the switch is next to the servers
  10. D

It's not just the ONYX software problem. Every switch hardware such as SN2xxx hardware has a revision #. The older Rev. # won't work better than the newer. I would look for the newest one unless the older one is so cheap that you could just use it as an experimental box. Also the hardware UART...
  11. D

Mine works at 115200 baud rate even with the older Prolific PL2303HXA chip serial adapter. But it also depends on your switch hardware version I guess.
  12. D

That document is a good starting point. Need a cheaper switch with ONIE to experiment that. Won't be able do that with Mellanox SN2xxx at this point as such switch is at premium.
  13. D

Clonezilla via PXE boot is a good option if your switch can be configured to PXE boot. But I don't know if Mellanox SNxxxx switch bios can be configured to PXE boot. Does anyone know if it can?
  14. D

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's the last resort that I would use since that would require the SSD physically taken out of switch. I was wondering if there's a live cloning tool available ( similar to few avilable for Linux OS image cloning) or if someone have written a tool that can just do...
  15. D

What tools do you use to create the Mellanox Onyx OS image from one of the installed or boot partitions from a running Melllanox SN2xxx switch? The Onyx cli command "image" doesn't provide the option to "create" image but can do "install" and not other way round: # image ? boot...
  16. D

I think in band management is useful if the switch is up and can be access remotely over IP. But may not be useful if you want to fresh install or update the firmware or the switch OS remotely when the switch management network is not even up. Will take a look at the serial server such as...
  17. D

Again, another question relating to the Mellanox SN2xxx switch serial console. What's better way to redirect the serial console over the the IP remotely? In the past, before the BMC/IPMI console became available on server system board, we used to have the dedicated Terminal or Console Server...
  18. D

Thanks. But the link that @SadoKitten provided makes the old adapter usable again
  19. D

@SadoKitten . Thanks for the link. That really helps and actually works. It saves the legacy hardware from going to landfill.
  20. D

What USB to Serial adapter do you guys use to connect your laptop to the Mellanox switch serial console (especially the SN2xxx series)? There's an article that talked about the adapter selection (5 Steps for Selecting the Right USB to Serial adapter). But not sure if it is really worth to buy...