Search results

1. D

Beta Ryzen NVidia tester

tl:dr: ECC on Ryzen AM4 Asus B350 verifies. Drivers and kernel are catching up to ECC, 1080ti, and Ryzen SMT, but manually upgrading worked well for me. Having a spare computer relieves all the pressure of a new build. Use case: Machine learning, cryptocurrency mining, programming, VM...
  2. D

Benchmarking

I'm curious what, if any, benchmarking you do prior to putting a box into production. This is not a question about stress testing for faults. Many of the tools today are baked in or put such a small hit during production that errors and warnings can be caught before unscheduled maintenance...
  3. D

EPYC "leak"

Can I haz moar cores? 32 core / 64 thread AMD Naples AMD Naples Leak Confirms EPYC 7601 Server CPU With 32 Cores, 64 Threads, 3.2GHz Turbo Clock | HotHardware
  4. D

Feedback needed on ML-CryptoMining-Dev box

I've been coding and trying to run VMs on my ancient machine and it's not going well. I've been cleared by the wife for a budget up to $5000 but prefer less than 3K. Here's the rub, I'm hoping to cryptomine to offset some of the cost when I'm not dev-ML-gaming. Those of you who mine and do ML...
  5. D

Thunderbolt set free - Intel to integrate to CPU

Thunderbolt 3 IP is being opened. While the title is a bit over the top, the article highlights well all the thunderbolt history and news. How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
  6. D

Docker network drive permission

tl;dr: I understand mounting volumes in docker creation. Where does the container get the credentials to authenticate permission for SMB My situation: I have a small but growing collection of datasets that I use for machine learning. I am currently using Python virtualenv to manage the...