Search results

1. W

Mellanox Connect-IB on Windows Server 2019

Hi, I recenlty bought (what the seller thought was a Mellanox Connect-X3) a Connect-IB and I can't get this card running under Windows Server 2019 - It only identifies as two PCI Device in the Device Manager. This is the first time I'm working with IB so I have no idea where to start my...
  2. W

SCVMM2016 and Virtual Networks in Trunk Mode

Hi, I'm not sure if you need any details about my issue so I won't go into any details but should you need, please do tell me. Is it possible to create a virtual network in trunk mode in SCVMM? I know it is possible independently on the VM's VMNetwork (Set-VMNetworkAdapterVLAN) but this...
  3. W

Is WSUS broken on Windows 10 / Server 2016?

Problem: Windows Server 2016 won't detect updates on connected WSUS. A manual trigger will detect and install updates according to GPO. Background: We are an MSP providing a lot of Remote Desktop Servers to our customers and we want to control when and what updates are being installed to...
  4. W

TOH - The One Hypervisor

Build’s Name: The One Hypervisor Operating System/ Storage Platform: Proxmox/ Local ZFS CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRi-F Chassis: Supermicro CSE216E16-R1200LPB Drives: TBD (Probably 24 Seagate Savvio 15K.2 ST9146852SS 146GB 15K 2.5" SAS) RAM: 4x 16GiB Samsung...
  5. W

[Solved] LSI 9207-8i or SAS2x36 Backplane write IOPS issue

Hi. I've encountered a very annoying issue with my setup: Since sometime (I have no idea when or why) I've lost nearly all my write IOPS through my LSI 9207-8i and SAS2x36 backplane. This is the result of the sas2flash -list: ..and this is the benchmark of a single Samsung 840 Evo through...
  6. W

Insanely low writeperformance through BPN-SAS2-216EL backplane

For the last couple of months I have been noticing very bad write-performance in the term of IOPS through my BPN-SAS2-216EL (featuring LSI SAS2X36 expander) backplane. This is a screenshot from Anvil's Storage Utilities using an Intel 520 120GiB SSD and an old LSI SAS-1068E (Dell SAS 6/iR)...
  7. W

Hypernator the Everlasting Build

Build’s Name: Hypernator Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows Server 2016 TP3 Core CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRi-F Chassis: Supermicro SC216E16-R1200LPB Drives: 2 Intel 520 120GiB SSD @ RAID1 - Hypernator boot (?) 4 Samsung EVO 840 250GiB @ RAID0 - Storage for...
  8. W

RAM-drive, Differencing Disks, Deduplication and Backup

Consider the following scenario: What if I create a persistent RAM-drive big enough to store a SYSPREP'ped Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Core RTM (No updates) and store the differencing VHD (C: - OS) on a SSD-RAID10 with Deduplication enabled. Add...
  9. W

Still confused by LSI / AvagoTech Performance Recommendations

Hi, I'm just about to leave my old HDD array for a Consumed-Grade SSD array but there are some recommendations from LSI / AvagoTech that I'm still confused about: namely Write Cache Policy and Data Placement Policy. This is from their "Benchmark_Tips" document (LSI MegaRAID Controller...
  10. W

[Perhaps Solved] SuperMicro SC216E16-R1200LPB

Hi, I just got myself a very sweet deal on a new SC216E16-R1200LPB chassis with a single SAS2-expander, BPN-SAS2-216EL1 equipped with the LSI SAS2X36 expander chip, but as this will be my first encounter with a SAS-expander i have couple of questions: AFAIK, the LSI SAS2X36 supports...
  11. W

The infrastructure behind Wixnet

Hello, Disclaimer This is a temporary post where I first of all will collect my own thoughts and get some input for my upcoming Storage/Hyper-V build. As soon as I order or receive hardware, I will update this thread with pictures and information. Information So what is this all about? This...
  12. W

Intel RS2BL080 and SSD Cache, is the Premium Key (AXXRPFKSSD) required

Hello everyone. This is my very first post, but surely not my last. I am in the process of planning my new storage solution and have a question regarding the Intel SSD Cache on the Intel RS2BL080 Raid Controller: Is the SSD Premium Key (AXXRPFKSSD) required to use SSD drivers as cache or does...