Search results

1. Craash

I"m looking for a case that supports a radiator and 8 or 10 hard drives. I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill . . .

Does anyone have any suggestions? Under $200 would be grand. Has to be ATX. Rack mount is not required.
  2. Craash

8 bay 6G SAS/SATA Drive Enclosure and HBA

I have two of these Enclosures, one with an HP 9207-8e PCIe 2.0 SAS6G Host Bus Adapter and one with no HBA. I also have an internal to external SAS adapter. I'd like $250 for each of the enclosures + actual shipping from Kansas City. I'll throw the HBA Internal to External adapter in on the...
  3. Craash

Chelsio T440 Quad port 10G SFP+ Passthrough

I'm planning my ESXi upgrade and am considering this card. Can you pass individual ports on the card to different virtual machines? Or can you only pass the card in its entirety?
  4. Craash

Highly Redundant, High Client Count, Low Bandwidth Network

I have a group I'm assisting in setting up a unique network. It's a mining operation - but my only interest/control is in the networking. Up to 800 miners. There is no need to speak to other clients on the LAN other than the gateway, and max bandwidth per client is about .3Mb/s Network from...
  5. Craash

Alternative to rsync for increased NFS/CIFS throughput?

This is going to be convoluted. The short story is that I have a physical FreeNAS server with about 13 TB of data on it (5GB to 15GB chunks). I want to backup that data to a Ubuntu server on a ESXi 6.5 VM on a nightly basis. When I do this with rsync, I see about 200 Mb/s (yes, Mb, NOT MB)...
  6. Craash

[DEAD ]- Western Digital RE WD4000FDYZ 4TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise $76.50

HERE: Linky Sold by New Egg. Sale price is $84.99, plus an additional %10 off with Coupon Code PCOLLEGE10. Free Shipping. No Tax. Limit of 5. Western Digital RE WD4000FDYZ 4TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Storage
  7. Craash

X9DR7-LN4F IPMI Dead - Is there an Add-On that will give me Temps?

I purchased a X9DR7-LN4F knowing that the IPMI wasn't working for the original owner, but hoping that maybe I could use one of the multiple different methods to 'wake' it back up. So far, I have not been successful. Any idea if any of the many available add on IPMI devices would work on this...
  8. Craash

Norco 2440 Controller Thoughts

I'm looking for a little advice. I'm upgrading an existing Norco 4220 platform with a new (to me) SuperMicro X9DR7-LN4F with 2 x E5-2670 (SR0KX) CPU's + 128GB DDR3 EEC. This existing platform I'm upgrading includes an Adaptec RAID 52445 28 port 512MB SAS RAID controller and 20 2TB 7200RPM SATA...
  9. Craash

FS/FT - Sold Out

IOGEAR 4-Port MiniView Micro VGA USB KVM Switch with Audio and Cables, GCS634U: $30 Shipped (CONUS) - This is brand new in a never opened box. ---------------- SOLD---------------- Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake 3.80 GHz LGA 1151. SOLD EVGA GeForce GTX690 4096MB 512bit GDDR5: SOLD Thecus...