Search results

1. C

Time To Upgrade Old Dual Xeon CPU E5-2670

I've been using this system since about 2016: Dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz Supermicro X9DRi-LN4+/X9DR3-LN4+ , Version REV:1.20A 64 GiB DDR3 Multi-bit ECC It's worked quite well for my uses. Unraid OS running a couple of VMs, 10-20 dockers and some plugins. Problem is, which...
  2. C

Supermicro unRAID System From MrRackables

Below is my shameless plug for MrRackables. I've seen too many poor experiences people have had with online resellers that I thought I'd share my positive one. About 5 years ago I built my first unRAID system. At that time, I was primarily focused on having a system to safely store and serve...
  3. C

2x Xeon E5-2670 vs 4x Xeon E5645

I've been pretty set on going with the dual E5-2670 route, and checking my options to see if I could find anything that made more sense than the Natex deal. My uses will be the following: Media storage 1-2 simultaneous Plex transcodes 15+ dockers, mostly media related like couch potato...
  4. C

Dual Xeon E5-2670 - RAM Speed?

Currently piecing together a new server which will be running two Xeon E5-2670 CPUs. I'll be running unRAID, using as a NAS while running a few virtual machines and many dockers. Under these circumstances, will there be a noticeable performance change between 64GB of DDR3 PC3-12800 and 64GB of...