Search results

1. S

ESXi 6.7U2, OSX Mojave, GPU Passthrough

I can't get it to work under El Capitan either. It looks the exact same as my original screenshot. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I'm using ESXi 6.7 U2?
  2. S

RyC, you just saved me a ton of time, thanks. So my choices are to stick with Mojave and accept no hardware acceleration or go back to El Capitan? They obviously aren't updating it anymore, so it probably won't be long before Safari breaks. I guess I could install FireFox in the meantime?
  3. S

Clover isn't supported for ESXi anymore. Several people have told me to stay away from it if I'm trying to use a virtual machine. It's unstable on VMware (kernel panics/host instability) and the devs have no plans to fix the problems from what I've read. They seem only focus on traditional...
  4. S

There's not much to change in the BIOS, but I have tried setting several different flags in the VMX file. Nothing has worked so far. This card is natively supported by macOS. The drivers install automatically, which is why they're not listed on the AMD website. The exception would be if you were...
  5. S

This is my first virtual Mac, so I'm learning as I go. Yes, I know none of this is officially supported. I followed these instructions: https://ghost.brentondurkee.com/esxi-6-0-hackintosh/ with great success. Everything worked on the first try, including unlocker v3, iMessage, iCloud, etc...
  6. S

Two Pairs of Xeon 2696v4 and four motherboards = BSOD party continues....

You're the first person I've seen who has been able to overcome the issues with the 2696 by changing BIOS settings. Congrats and I hope other people find this thread when they are having issues with this specific CPU.
  7. S

The Ebay sellers are mostly the same stores from Amazon. Some people have luck with the 2696V4's and others don't. All of the sellers seem to be getting these chips from a source in HK. I'm sure you already looked at the simple things like checking your stepping level, etc. The E5-2696V4 is...
  8. S

I had no luck with the E5-2696V4 on a SuperMicro board either, but at least you made it to BIOS w/Asus. Where specifically did you purchase the CPU? If it was Amazon, do you know the reseller? You'll see someone else at the end of my thread confirmed issues with this specific CPU as well.
  9. S

Supermicro Denverton Motherboards

Great coverage guys. I was really looking forward to seeing these boards for a new pfsense/OpenVPN build.
  10. S

SuperMicro X10SRH-CLN4F build from hell.

Amazon was the seller. I did not use a third party seller on their site, because I wanted to play it safe. So much for that.
  11. S

Wow, unbelievable, it identifies as the same one! The scary part is that mine was sold and fulfilled by Amazon. The retail box was perfectly sealed with factory tape and all. This makes me wonder who Amazon uses for its source. Clearly it's not Intel. It looks like I've been scammed, but at...
  12. S

Yes, it identifies it as an Intel Xeon E5-1603 v4 @ 2.80GHz. (4 Threads/4 Cores). Even though it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon, this has to be a counterfeit. It's hard to believe, because everything matches up between the packaging and the labeling on the CPU. It appeared to be factory sealed...
  13. S

Thought this saga was over? He's baaaaaaack! After setting up my computer and running CPU-Z I noticed the processor was being detected as an E5-1603 V4 instead of an E5-2697 V4. I thought "This is strange, but obviously it's wrong and I can prove that by going back into BIOS". Well, the...
  14. S

Just to close this out, I bought an E5-2697 V4 and installed that. The system fired up immediately with zero issues. Everything is working. The E5-2696 V4 and E5-2699 V4 are the same CPU with different TDP (150W v 145W). Both have 22 cores. This CPU has 18 cores and a 145W TDP. I don't know...
  15. S

Yeah, I might do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. S

I was able to get my hands on a different working board that supports the E5-2699V4 today and the behavior is the exact same. No POST or VGA signal at all. I am returning it to Amazon again. This will be my fourth CPU attempt. I find it hard to believe that all the previous ones were bad, so I...
  17. S

SuperMicro just responded and said these are probably default values since the system isn't working properly. They want me to send in the board and my CPU. Great...
  18. S

After I did another reset, I went back in and was able to expand CPU1. However, this is not the CPU or RAM I have installed on this board, so it appears the information is not accurate. Also my stick of RAM is installed in slot A1, not C1.
  19. S

Yes, I listed above that I was able to verify that it is running 2.0a. I'm still stuck in the same situation though.
  20. S

@i386 that's exactly what I thought in the beginning, but they looked up the serial numbers of each board and said it shipped with 2.0a. I've left the machine on for 30 minutes and never got a response from IPMI on the previous two boards. Today, I pulled the battery/PSU again and let it power...