Search results

1. C

FS SuperServer 6027TR-HTFRF (4 Node 2u Server with CPU and memory)

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much inline with the C6100 which makes it a deal breaker for my lab. These are awesome machines but best installed in a DC or lab where noise isn't a factor.
  2. C

FS SuperServer 6027TR-HTFRF (4 Node 2u Server with CPU and memory)

I have a Dell C6100 and I'm curious what the noise level is like on the supermicro? Have you ever heard a Dell to compare? I like the idea of a high density 2u unit but noise is also a factor in my lab. Any drives included?
  3. C

The next great 2.5" SATA Boot SSD deal $20

Looking for something like this for a mirror boot on my FreeNAS box. I want to get away from USB drives. Looks like no shipping to Canada on this one...
  4. C

Norco 4220 /w Intel SAS Expander

Good to know about this part, but the Norco case just uses a regular ATX PSU. Not sure I need something that elaborate just to run 20 drives and the expander? Basically I just need the power supply to turn on and stay on which I can control with the built in switch on the power supply itself...
  5. C

Yes, I already thought of that and have decided to just do it the right way. I'll pick up a 3ft 8088 external cable so I can easily slide either system out of my rack without having to disconnect anything, and easy to disconnect if I need to. I read about adding a jumper to the PS_ON and ground...
  6. C

Hi all, Here's what I have and what I want to accomplish. I just set up my FreeNAS box into a SM 836 3U chassis with 16 drives on the SAS2-EL1 expander running off a single port on a Dell H310. So far this works perfectly. I also have a Norco RPC-4220 that I just decommissioned as my previous...
  7. C

SC-836 Air Shroud vs Active Coolers?

Excellent write up. Thanks for posting it. This was exactly the information I was looking for. Very informative.
  8. C

Is that the Noctua NH-U9DX?
  9. C

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I just picked up a chassis to put together a new system. Came with a TQ backplane and an X8 motherboard, both of which I'm going to replace. This got me wondering how important the air shroud is. It didn't come with one. Is it something I should...
  10. C

LSI Warpdrive flash accellerator 4x 100GB ssd 85 USD

Anyone know if these work well with FreeNAS? Would they make good cache drives?
  11. C

Found: Supermicro inner rails

Found some! Thanks BLinux!
  12. C

Supermicro 4U 24 bay 846 chassis SAS2 with rails/motherboard - $300

The listing specifically states 24x caddies are included. It's also in the title. So an even better deal.
  13. C

FS/FT: server build extras (supermicro parts/backplane,PSU,HDD,HBA,RAM,CPU,GPU,network equip,&more)

Gah! The rails I need! Actually, I just need the inners, so I started a WTB thread, but I'll probably take these if I can't find any in the next little while. I believe you already have my address... ;) Nice job on the chassis btw! Super clean! :cool:
  14. C

Thanks! Seems a shame to waste these brand new outers I have! I'm sure somebody has a set kicking around! ;)
  15. C

I have the outer rails, but can't find any inner rails in my horde. I have the outers from this kit: Supermicro W-778-B W-778-A L&R Repon Rack Mount Telescopic Inner Outer Rail Kit | eBay MCP-290-00058-0N or MCP-290-00053-0N look to be similar as well, but you guys might know better than me...
  16. C

Dell H310/LSI 9211-8i IT mode firmware cards w/ ventilated bracket

I just bought 3 of the H310s on eBay for the same price and flashed them myself. Nice touch with the ventilated brackets since they do run warm. Anyways, I may have a need for that 720w PSU. I'll let you know for sure later this week.