Search results

1. W

Help, please: My 40 GbE switch-to-server connections need use crossover(?!) MPO cables...

... and I swear, last week they only worked with Type 'A' or straight MPO cables. My switch-to-switch connections continue to only communicate with type 'B' (crossover) MPO cables. The main thing to have changed from last week, is that I upgraded the firmware on 2 servers' components: Dell...
  2. W

Has anyone successfully upgraded a Cisco Nexus 3064PQ to 6.0.2(U6)10?

Thanks @mstrzyze It turns out that my "cool" and "innovative" copy of bin files from the local filesystem straight to the switch's bootflash was resulting in totally failed copies. My 200MB file was only about 8KB on the switch post-copy! That said, I resorted to that option in the first...
  3. W

How can we know what the suggested version is? I have attached a screenshot of the error. In this particular instance, I copied the files to bootflash from the local hard drive prior to flashing, but I had the same result no matter which source I tried. Uploading was failing, so here's a link...
  4. W

Mine fails over and over again at the file verification step (pretty much the first step). On the other hand, the exact same downloaded files worked fine on 5 different 3132Q switches, and also failed on 4 other 3064PQ switches. I'm thinking it's a bug in the release, but I would be interested...
  5. W

HELP! Tested several Dell Mellanox CX354A adapters and cannot get them to connect with anything!

Ok, now I feel like a moron. There is a "Mellanox Connect-X (MT04099) Network Adapter" that appears under System Devices in Device Manager, which is where the "Port Protocol" tab is located and allows for simple switching to Ethernet or IB functionality. Doh!
  6. W

HELP! Tested several Dell Mellanox CX354A adapters and cannot get them to connect with anything!

@Rand__: Do you mean that if I am able to start Subnet Manager that directly implies I'm in IB mode? I think I may have figured out why I've been pulling my hair out this past week. I have been installing the official WinOF v5.35 package since day 1, but on Win2012 R2 (where the provided...
  7. W

@cliffr I had no idea you had to set which mode/media you wanted to use. I am definitely trying to use the Ethernet "side" of the card. Where can I specify this setting? Thanks!
  8. W

Hello, This is my first post at STH and I apologize that I am asking for help right out-of-the-gate and before I can help anyone else out, either. I am upgrading my current lab network from a 10 gig backbone to an 40 gig backbone. This is a very quick rundown of the equipment in my...