Search results

1. cliffr

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

I normally don't post deals but Intel 480GB SSD DC S3500 Series 2.5" SATA III SSDSC2BB480G4 Health: 90-99% 735858258487 | eBay At $120 a pop that's $0.25/gb and Intel DC SSD and it's not some off brand. It's big for a boot drive, but if you've got a slow old FreeNAS maybe a read cache or a...
  2. cliffr

This is a hoot for linux admins

Commandline Challenge
  3. cliffr

Android Tablet and App for Basic Admin

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Android tablet to do basic SSH admin with? I'm looking for cheap and 9-10" I tried doing one of those anemic windows tablets and it failed miserably. Worked OK with putty but MobaX couldn't handle a bunch of open connections. I'm Android, not iOS and I...
  4. cliffr

Welcome to the Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets Forum

Cryptocurrency mining has been a huge topic at STH for some time with around 60,000 pulls to our crypto mining docker containers https://hub.docker.com/u/servethehome/ as of May 2017. Many STH readers have excess CPU and GPU compute, and cryptomining is a way to use those spare cycles and...
  5. cliffr

Is Amazon down?

ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED when trying to go to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more Aren't they too big to fail? I need my Prime video.
  6. cliffr

Network booting help: Installing and Booting Windows to FreeNAS Corral iSCSI

I'm going crazy and my google searching is not helping. Here's what I did - I set NICs to boot iSCSI. The Intel NIC I then went to the iSCSI boot configuration utility. I selected my NIC. Add a name for initiator. I then put in the target name, IP and LUN for FreeNAS Corral. Set the primary...
  7. cliffr

FreeNAS Corral and Unifi Docker - Adoption Failed

My old Unifi controller died and I've been trying the FreeNAS Corral docker one. Everything sets up fine. Nothing adopts though. AP's, switches. All says "Adoption Failed." I even tried a new switch and it didn't work. Is there a trick to getting this working?