Search results

1. A

Home Virtual Server Advice Request

Thanks for the feedback, this prevented me from buyers remorse =p. I'll have to do some more research before I purchase. Cheers.
  2. A

Wow, thanks for the terminology clarification. Would the Xeon-D be able to handle blue iris without an igpu? 3 - 4, 3MP cams with ~15fps. As for Blue Iris, it appears you are correct regarding video card offload. Totally explains why my current box wasn't affected by the spare gpu I put in...
  3. A

Good catch. This may push me to buy it piecemeal and get a larger case. I really like the accessible drive trays. Any suggestions on something with 6 front loading drive bays?
  4. A

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I read on STH that the new Xeon-D's (2017) would have quicksync. If they will ever make it to us layfolk, should I wait? It also appears there is a supported low form factor card, VisonTek 7750 3M 2GB DDR3 4K. I expect 2 streams top. By direct stream you...
  5. A

Hello STH Forums, I'm in the market for a home (virtualization) server and in need of advice. If this isn't the right sub forum, please let me know and I'll repost. Using the guidelines I've filled out what I think will meet my needs. My main concern is I'm overbuying or perhaps missing some...