Search results

1. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I have 6com SFP-10g-T modules, they work in both my ubiquiti switch and my extreme networks switch. They don't seem to work at all in the Mellanox MCX4121A-ACAT cards I have. Can anyone recommend SFP-10G-T modules that are known to work? Thanks,
  2. J

Mellanox ConnectX-4 CX4121C firmware

I picked up a couple of Dell/Mellanox dual port 25g cards and they are listed as CX4121C, and the dell .bin file for updating firmware says my system is not supported. Anyone know what the equivalent mellanox model number is? Thanks,
  3. J

H11dsi won't boot from m2 ssd

I have an H11dsi motherboard, it won't boot from the m2 ssd on the motherboard. I updated the BIOS to support my epyc processors and now it doesn't see the m2 SSD. I assume this is due to the BIOS being cleared. Anyone know what options I need to set to get this to boot from the M2 ssd? Thanks,
  4. J

Mellanox cards that can support 40gb

Hi all, Can someone point me to the Mellanox card models that can be flashed to 40GB? I need 3 of them for my XCP-NG and TrueNAS servers. I searched, but I'm having an issue finding model numbers. Thanks,
  5. J

NH-U14s with H11DSI

Hi all, I'm building an Epyc server with the Supermicro H11DSI board. Anyone know if two Noctua NH-u14 coolers will fit on a Supermicro H11DSI?
  6. J

Epyc to replace E5-2630

Hi all, I currently have a XCP-NG machine with dual E5-2630 v3 processors at 2.4 ghz, with 96GB of RAM, and dual 10g NIC. My VM's are frequently not very responsive. I'm looking at possible upgrades. Would an Epyc 7542 make a difference? I haven't used Epyc, however there seem to be decent...
  7. J

Reasonably quiet 10 GB switch

Hi all, I'm looking for a reasonably quiet switch 10gbe that I can find on ebay or similar. A few 40gbe ports would be nice, but may be contrary to my reasonably quiet goal. I'd like at least 48 ports in total. Any recommendation of models that can have fans replaced or throttled would be...
  8. J

WTB: NSC-810A

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has an NSC-810A they want to sell I would be interested in buying it. I'm guessing that Covid is preventing U-NAS from restocking as all cases are out of stock on their site.