Search results

1. L

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Hi there the PCI-E port #3 (on the back of the mobo) has a MXM connector? the one used in the laptop pc for the GPU? thanks
  2. L

@drabadue : vey nice job! also this mobo could be interesting for workstation needs: Fujitsu D3118-A12 GS 2 Mainboard NEU für Celsius R920 D3118 the main 16pin power connector is not an issue , and the 2 12pin connectors seem to be 6 12V+ and ground in line (except for the yellow/black cable I...
  3. L

Hi there some updates from my system, talking about performance using Performance Test 9.0 from passmark.com: - the x2 E5-2640 perform very well with 64gb of ram in terms of CPU MARK as you can see from below screenshot - the problem is the 2d/3d graphic performances which are a lot less than...
  4. L

@thomasz and @drabadue and @Silvio are you using the add-on graphic (HD 5450, GTX980TI, RX570 respectively if I well understood) card with the onboard disabled? which bios version are you using? thanks My results with bios 2.7.1 are: NVIDIA NVS290 and QUADRO 6000 working also with vga onboard...
  5. L

@thomasz thanks again, I have tried the PCI1 slot enabled without oprom, with WIN7 I could boot with VGA onboard and install the GTX980TI drivers perfectly but without video output on any ports! then I have installed WIN10 with VGA onboard and GTX980ti on slot1: installed nvidia drivers and then...
  6. L

@thomasz thank you, where is this setting in the bios setup? I am using the 2.7.1 (BIOS_N9F7P_WN64_2.7.1.EXE) is this the latest one available? thanks
  7. L

just my quick update: - with the HDD interposer card I was able to boot with sata HD (powered the card with 5V!), using the ports on the card itself (NOT the sata ports on the mobo) - ok WIN7 64bit pro installation with 2 XEON E5 2640 2,5ghz and 64GB RAM - tested ok with a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS290...
  8. L

@thomasz : I have just put normal 12V in the 12Vsb pin power connector (waiting for the step-up dc-dc board) I have not yet understood if my board (DP/N 0W6W6G) is a c8220 or a c6220 one, the bios/boot says "poweredge C6220"... does anyone tested additional sata/sas pci-e card working? thanks
  9. L

Hi there, just a quick update from my side: - I have connected the c8220 MOBO to the atx power supply as indicated in this thread, for the moment without the 12 Vsb - ok the boot, with cpu and ram well recognised (the boot says poweredge c6220 system bios 1.1.19) - as drabadue no sata...
  10. L

Very nice job Thomasz! I have ordered from eyeboot the power cable adapter, but I have not received it, so I am thinking to make my own connection, from atx power supply to the 18 pin connector, if I well understood (except for 12Vsb pin) they are 1 row ground and 1 row 12V, so it is not so...
  11. L

Which are the recommended gpu for these mobos?
  12. L

thanks drabadue, also the c8220 v1.0 board has all pcie gen3 slots? if yes I assume you are right! fantastic project! well done for your diy case!!! ;)
  13. L

@drabadue: on the board I have the DP/N 0W6W6G the strange thing is that in the tech manual of c6220II there is a board picture without rear sata slots, and a drawing with them! there is a comparison table where the c6220 has pcie gen2 slots and c622oII in comparison has gen3 for all slots for...
  14. L

@drabadue: I wil try and keep you updated, thanks again! I have just verified that my board has 2 PCI-E G3 (and not g2) slots in the front so it could be a C6220 II system
  15. L

so the sas/sata onboard ports could have 2 "modes": 1) passthrough the i/o hdd signals when it is installed an optional raid card 2) use the intel c602 i/o signals as standard stand alone sata ports
  16. L

@drabadue: you are great! thanks again! I will build a wood dedicated case, so I can manage the extra length in a good way, generally a pci-e sata card is small and you can also take off the metal bracket, I will decide after testing it. I do not understand why the on-board sas/sata ports do...
  17. L

@drabadue: thanks for your quick reply! I have ordered the power supply patch cable, I have understood the +12v standby issue, so in the front connector will go the "power on pin" from atx power supply and a permanent jumper (the small white rounded cable in the thomasz pictures?) to the...
  18. L

Hello everybody! I write from Italy, and I have just bought a C6220 mainboard P/N 0HYFFG REV:A00 BIOS REV:V.1.0.14, with 2 sata port near pci-e2 slots (not on the back), for a workstation project. First of all many compliments to all of you for your results and infos! I have read all of your...