Search results

1. G

Supermicro X11SSM-F AHCI Controller Passthrough?

Great, glad it worked for you!
  2. G

Supermicro X11SSM-F AHCI Controller Passthrough?

Haven't actually done it myself as I have not needed the SATA ports, but it should be doable by editing the passthrough.map as shown in this thread (4th paragraph) # INTEL Sunrise Point-H AHCI Controller 8086 a102 d3d0 false
  3. G

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Sorry to hear that. My eight drives (5 from Thailand, 3 from China) all passed testing without any bad blocks or other errors detected. I would think you should be able to return them fairly easily, I've personally never had problems return online purchases with Best Buy
  4. G

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Likewise, on the four (out of eight) that I have received so far, the serial number and manufacture location on the box has always matched the info on the bare hard drive once shucked.
  5. G

Got the four 8TB drives I ordered yesterday, no problems getting the drives out with the clips intact thanks to all the info in this thread! Only bummer was that two drives are from China, two from Thailand. Are the reliability issues with the China made drives something that's been...
  6. G

Great deal on the 8TB, just picked up a few, thanks everyone
  7. G

SAS2 expander with SAS3 controller experiences

Thanks in advance for the help, I have a super micro board (x11-ssl-cf) with an LSI3008 controller in IT mode, and wanted to add an expander. I have a Intel SAS 2 expander already (RES2CV240) on hand, and was wondering if anyone has had any issues using a SAS2 expander with a SAS3 controller? I...