Search results

1. S

[FS][US-AZ] Custom Tower Server

Ok, so after a reality check, I have updated the post: SSDs, Case and Power supply will be retained, rest goes as a kit for a lower price!
  2. S

[FS][US-AZ] Custom Tower Server

Hi all, I'm parting ways with my dev server to make room for a workstation. Local at 85297 (AZ). Specs below: - Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ v1.10 - CPU: 2 x E5-2660v1 - 8 cores 16 threads (ARK: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2660 (20M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 8.00 GT/s Intel® QPI) Product...
  3. S

FS: Dell and Supermicro Motherboards, D-Link switch

It is actually! I’m out of state until end o July but I can ship then.
  4. S

Up! Lowered price on the C8220 board.
  5. S

Hi all, I have the following items for sale. I'm based in Phoenix/AZ, payment in cash or Paypal (FF preferred of course). Supermicro X9DRi-LNF4+ Rev 1.10 - Have not being reworked by Supermicro, it might not support v2 CPUs, in this case you can RMA to Supermicro for a board rework. BIOS and...
  6. S

Board recommendation

Hi all, I spent quite some time trying to find options to fit my need but I can't find a match. I built a 2xE5-2660v1 system on top of a C8220 motherboard, worked fine but it would not fit any case and I dismantled it. I wanted to build the server again with all the parts I already have...
  7. S

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Hi all, I’m parting ways with my C8220 v1.1 (TND55) along with dual E5-2660 and 128GB RAM (16x8G). Any interest here? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

Do you have a link to the case and riser card? Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. S

I tried Nvidia GT610 the RX570 successfully. I had to replace the Radeon because it was so deep that I had to remove 2 DIMMs. Now I'm using Rx550 that fits properly and works without problems. I never disabled the onboard video and using with BIOS 2.7.1. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

Dell Poweredge R930 - Questions

I think @frogtech nailed it. Consider the use case, doesn't seems like you need something processing-heavy. Personally I would ask some key people how would they use it: documents are built in the laptop/desktop and then uploaded when final or they expect to edit it in a shared folder with...
  11. S

Need Advice for Xeon D Build with GPU Pass-through

I got mine as "open box" at Fry's a bit cheaper than online. From what I read at least a few people have being using GeForces 1060 in passthrough. My recommendation is to do the scientific way: experiment :) Choose the type of GPU you are more comfortable with regardless of the VM and put it...
  12. S

And helps a lot, since I guess he did not buy the hardware yet. The hijack comment was about me :) I recall there is a known issue with E3-12xxv3 and IOMMU that doesn't support IRQ remapping or something along these lines. Same for RX570, lspci would show RX470. RX550 shows ok as there was...
  13. S

Trying not to hijack the thread but then again might be useful information for the OP. Can you give more details on the issue? My problem with Nvidia was different depending on the OS. With ESXi I just got either a Purple screen or simply hangs when trying to start the VM. With Linux KVM it...
  14. S

I think it will be good as long as the different services are not competing for the same kind of resource. NAS is IO-bound, Kodi is GPU-bond, games are CPU/GPU intensive. My build is similar to your idea with a NAS, my workstation and my infra (DNS, etc.). I use Kodi on a FireTV and map the NAS...
  15. S

For GPU, if you want to passthrough stick to Radeon, the Nvidia GeForces aren't supported. I had an old GT610 that would lock the system if you shutdown the VM and read reports that modern cards are hit and miss. I have a Radeon now and it is flawless... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. S

Just for a quick update: Replaced the ancient Nvidia GT610 that wouldn't passthrough to a VM with a Radeon RX570. No more lock-ups during restart, tested Nexuiz, no lags. Added a Dell Y7PHC mezzanine (SAS2008 with 8 internal SAS ports), cross-flashed to 9211-8i and could see the disks on all...
  17. S

Monero Mining Performance

2x2660v1 running on Arch and C8220 dell board. 10 threads per CPU so 20 total, sorry for the confusion. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. S

I bought a SAS2008 mezzanine for C6220/C8220, it got recognized fine, I cross-flashed to 9211-8i but didn't test yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. S

Q2 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

PM on RX470 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk