Search results

1. K

EU FS: Home lab: Server (2 x C6100), HDD, switches.

Hello everyone, I sell a big part of my lab at home. I'm father for the second time, and I have no more time and space for all this material. I don't have any idea of the current market price, so I put all in auction format without reserve price. - Global ...
  2. K

C6100 strange issue: node different behavior in different enclosure

Hello, I'm back with my strange things :p I always have 2 C6100 chassis, each with 4 nodes. The L5520 have a cool function, it clock down to save power or it clock up (intel turbo mode) on the high demand. The CPU play with his multiplier to change the CPU core frequency on the fly. Until now...
  3. K

Ram slot popolated scenario + power consumtion c6100

Hi all, I have made a test who surprised me with his impact. I actualy have 2 C6100 with all node @ 24Gb (12 x 2Gb). I recently buy 4 x 16Gb and I have replaced the 12 x 2 by 4 x 16 for an extra amount of 40Gb of ram. When I compare the two configuration with a wattmeter at the wall plug and...
  4. K

C6100 fan always at full speed without any load

Hi everyone, I have a strange isue that could have his place in this post. I bought recently 2 x C6100 chassis. I'v tested all node one by one with F@H. All nodes of the first chassi: it was normy loudy. All nodes of the second chassi, it was extremely loudy. I beleve that the fan are...
  5. K

DOM vs cheap SSD vs USB vs PXE

Hi everyone, I recently bought 2 C6100 chassis and I will setup something like Patrick does. I also have this storage materials: 2 x SATA SSD Plextor M5 Pro 256 Gb 12 x WD20EARX Green 2 Tb Switching : 2 x Linksys SLM2008 (8 gigabyt ports) Chassi 1 - node 1 : Pfsense 1 (CARP + PFsync...
  6. K

SAS dual port

Hi, A basic question. Are all the SAS drives supporting dual port. If not, is dual port a huge extra cost? Thx for your help
  7. K

Upgrade old build SATA to SAS

Hi everyone, I recently discover the site and was very interested by those articles: http://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-cse-ptjbod-cb1-jbod-power-board-diy-jbod-chassis-made-easy/ http://www.servethehome.com/external-sassata-disk-chassis-wiring-part-1/...