Search results

1. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I have purchased this mobo today. I already got 16gb pc12800r x 4 for 60. so i'll test out with QDBW sample and other xeons. hope the turbohack work with this mobo as well.
  2. K

ES Xeon Discussion

26xx are for 2 cpu configuration. 46xx are for 4 cpu confirguration. so you can install 2/4 maximum depends on your mobo. it's probably because you have to install more cpus in small room? i dunno haha xD
  3. K

ES Xeon Discussion

If the price was cheaper, I would definitely get it for my QDBW. As far as I know, the early samples of haswell-ep's only supports DDR3. I assume that's why it shows memory error q-code when I try to boot it up with DDR4 rams. I gotta keep my eyes on that mobo. Thank you.
  4. K

ES Xeon Discussion

im waiting for your update. i have qdbw as well but failed to boot up :c
  5. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I've collected some v3/v4 xeons and I wanna share some info. 1. QEYZ (ES2) This cpu is known as 1660 v3. But it's actually Haswell-E sample. QEYZ was leaked as first Haswell-e sample by Intel from VR-Zone. It is technically overclockable. BUT It doesn't apply. You can change multiplier but...
  6. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I realize why it did not work. ASUS server(2way) mobos have microcode updated on latest bios. So QD variants should work with them. ASUS consumer mobos(x99 series) do not have microcode updated on any verision of bios. QD variants are not supported. So you should replace the microcode with...
  7. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I agree with Marsh. E5 v3 variants are still expensive. I wonder when they will be cheap
  8. K

ES Xeon Discussion

what mobos have you tested with? Do you have ASUS ones as well?
  9. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I was told ASUS mobos support this cpu. Have you already tried to run it with any mobo? I wonder what's maximum boost for 1 core and all core
  10. K

ES Xeon Discussion

2697 v3 @ 3.5GHz! Intel Xeon E5 2697 v3 @ 3505.45 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ==========Additional Info========== 2018-05-12 TDP is unlockable by Intel XTU (only for TDP. other settings lock the multiplier back. You'll have to reboot the system) For Rampage V Extreme Vcore offset -0.070v...
  11. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I'll be just satisfied with my 2697 v3 qs. it's on the way! What controls Turbo Core in Xeons? I found this post. I gotta try this..
  12. K

ES Xeon Discussion

Awesome 2696 v3 xD I'd love to have 2696 v3 but my budget won't let me... lol And yeah, if that was possible, I would've kept my x79board!
  13. K

ES Xeon Discussion

Thank you for the reply. I've realized that the hack only work for V3's QS and retail products. I feel very lucky about it since I've collected some QS samples recently I'm gonna have a test with 2697 v3,2695 v3, and 4627 v3 QS samples. I've already confirmed that 4655 v3 QS can go up to 3.2...
  14. K

ES Xeon Discussion

Does anyone know about all core turbo exploit for v3 variants? I've known this for a long but did not know how to make a mod bios and force-write it on mobo until yesterday. Look for my 4655 v3 QS which I've got it for $122.25 on ebay! 6 cores and 12 threads. 30mb of cache and 3.0GHz for all...
  15. K

ES Xeon Discussion

These are the proof images I've collected for QEYZ HWiNFO shows x56 and Aida64 shows x63. It's obviously unlocked. And don't get confused by different multiplier. For QHVJ, they show x56 and x80 as well. QEYY is about $399 on ebay. But I'm not gonna buy it for that price. Pre-owned 5960x is...
  16. K

ES Xeon Discussion

QEYY is finally out... it's kind of mysterious one. As far as I know, QEYZ is 1660 v3 and QEYY is 1680 v3. When you look up on Aida64 and Hwinfo, they both say it's unlocked up to x56 multiplier. Someone has claimed that it's not unlocked. But BCLK strap works. I really want to get one and test...
  17. K

ES Xeon Discussion

as far as i know, the first ones all core turbo is 2.3ghz and the second ones all core turbo is 2.5ghz. broadwell e has higher ipc so id recommend the second one.
  18. K

ES Xeon Discussion

if you have a budget, the best cpu for now is 2690 v4 14c 28t and base clock is 2.4ghz. all corr boost is 3.0ghz price is around 559 to 599 bucks.
  19. K

ES Xeon Discussion

depends on how much price they will release those new cpus. Threadripper will be 12/16 cores, i believe they won't be as cheap as the one i have gotten since R7 1700 is $313 and 1700x is $365 on amazon. so in my opinion, $364 for 1660 v3 qs is not bad at all. and as you know, the difference...
  20. K

ES Xeon Discussion

364 bucks of 1660v3 qs. able to oc 4.5GHz stablized with Linx 0.6.4 AVX @ 1.279v prob need +0.06v for AVX2. but i ain't gonna use avx at all so...