Search results

1. N

Help Identifying Intel Confidential CPUs

Intel Confidential QHVJ - Intel Core i7 6900k ES1, Broadwell; 3.1GHz, 20Mb L3cache, LGA 2011-3.
  2. N

ES Xeon Discussion

LinusTechTips built a massive 20-or-so-core workstation computer meant for photography and video work a year ago maybe and found out that an i7 beat the $4200 Xeon CPU he had simply because the core clock on the i7 was much, much higher. Games prefer high core clocks as well. Very very few...
  3. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Here is a quick image of the CPU I got. Anybody know the specific QH code? The closest I can find to QHVJ is QHVD, which is a Xeon E5-2667V4 @ 2.9GHz. So perhaps this is a Xeon afterall and not an i7 variant as it is not QK3P.
  4. N

ES Xeon Discussion

This information would have been useful however many days ago I posted the original link. Seriously.
  5. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Dang. Well I had my eye on the CPU for literally a couple weeks while I was trying to research ES Xeons some more. It didn't change until after I ordered so I guess I'm lucky or something.
  6. N

ES Xeon Discussion

AMD will undoubtedly work that out in either later steppings of the CPU or Zen 2. :) Personally, I'm more excited for Zen 2 because by then they will have more kinks ironed out. The IPC will be better then too.
  7. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Yes I did! I noticed the price for it went up by 50 bucks just now! :D
  8. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Supermicro X10SRA-0.
  9. N

ES Xeon Discussion

The Xeon CPU I linked is actually cheaper than the Ryzen CPUs here where I am, with the exception for the R7 1700. Even then, it isn't that much cheaper. Some of the motherboards (high end ones) are almost as costly as the C612 motherboard I want to get. L33t pr0 gaming RGB motherboards, that...
  10. N

ES Xeon Discussion

I have the need for ECC RAM with my architecture rig as well. While Ryzen itself supports ECC, motherboard vendors have to apparently enable it. I havent seen any that specifically say they support ECC. I have 32GB of RAM now and Revit uses almost all of it when I have my largest project going...
  11. N

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey Gents, has anyone had experience with the particular CPU/listing below? Intel Xeon E5 1660 V4 ES 3.1GHz Max Turbo 3.3GHz 20MB 8 Core 140W B0 Processor | eBay I'm looking to build a new architecture rig, mainly because it takes a few hours to render the example building included with...