Search results

1. R

Help with 8 x 18 TB + 2 x 500 GB SSD ZFS Setup

The wast majority of the storage will be medium sized pre-compressed media files. But I do also have a few hundred thousands jpgs in various sizes. I also would like to set up owncloud or something to to my family members where they can access and backup their stuff from computers and phones...
  2. R

Help with 8 x 18 TB + 2 x 500 GB SSD ZFS Setup

Hi. I purchased 8 x 18 TB Drives to fill this compact NAS chassis I got. It fits one M.2 drive witch I currently use for a OS. 8x 3,5" drives and 4x 2,5" drives. I've been out of the ZFS loop for a while, I have some arrays running, but I'm not entirely up to date on best practices. So my...
  3. R

Just bought 2x External KVM over IP devices

Well, power and reset wouldn't be difficult to implement with a PCI bracket that has a connector out intended for the KVM over IP device that connects to the motherboard and have connectors to spill allow chassis buttons to work as intended. I want to place a server at my parents house quite...
  4. R

Just bought 2x External KVM over IP devices

Okey, so I'm now in the market for an external KVM over IP solution for my home. Can anyone explain to me why none of the solutions have integration with power/reset button and/or control of the power cord going to the server?
  5. R

Rudde's Build

No, I can get it today or when I move it in the the "media" room. But it's nothing special there, it's only normal SATA connectors and molex at the bottom.
  6. R

Rudde's Build

Long time since last post, so here is a pic.
  7. R

Cheap HBA (IT-moded) SAS2 card PCIe

Hello, I want to know what the prices are for chep HBA to use with the HP SAS Expander, I was thinking, SAS2 support, two SAS ports for dual-link, no ram? (or does ram give any preformance in a ZFS server, does it use the computers ram as disk catch?) It have to use PCIe, I just want to see...
  8. R

HP SAS Expander Wiki

Anyone in Norway or Europe that can help me with update on my HP SAS Expander?
  9. R

Dell PowerConnect 2724 10/100/1000 24-Port Switch Thread

I don't get Dell PowerConnect to run with LACP with Solaris, anyone else having the same problem?
  10. R

IPv6, Gigabit switch with 10 Gigabit ports.

Hello forum! I was wondering, what kind of switch do you buy if you want, 24-48 RJ45 gigabit ports, with link aggression. A switch that supports IPv6 and management and have 2-4 fiber optic ports that support 10 Gigabit? I was wondering what this kind of equipment coast, I have nothing...
  11. R

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Well since I don't have a switch that take 10GbE in its doesn't help me much :P Well my server is already super-loud :P Its going to be in the garage anyway.
  12. R

Ohh, was like 300 at Amazon. But I don't really feel like it since it doesn't say anything about FreeBSD support and I would like something that can give me 10 GbE to gigabit switch to multiple users, since I won't use 10 GbE between my two main-stations. But I may use 10 GbE from the server...
  13. R

Well I lookd into that, and I do at least need 10 meter distance so a 10 meter cabel comes to 300 bux xD So then the point is gone...
  14. R

When will we see the 10 GbE standard in desktop computers? And do you think they will keep the RJ45 or will they switch to fiber?
  15. R

Rudde's Build

The SAS Expander is working, it was as I was suspecting the cabel.. I got a new cabel from ebay but it has this grey 6-pin connector on it, what tha heck is it?
  16. R

Dell PowerConnect 2724 10/100/1000 24-Port Switch Thread

Hello, I was wondering about something when it comes to this switch, when I connect it into a router where I can't set a static IP have the switch in managed mode because I need LAG on a computer, how does this work out? I don't understand how I need a 192.168.2.x IP when most routers have a...
  17. R

Rudde's Build

Well nice score with 7.7 I think cpu i sin power saving mode or something. And some instruction set power BTW, this is x86
  18. R

Rudde's Build

I have reverse break out cabel sata connections are connected in order (SAS0 -> SAS3) connected in port 8 on the expander, drive is connected in port 2 on the expander (the cabel is 1 meter long wich is what it supports (ordered 50 cm just now to test). Yes I put it in IT mode, nothing show up...
  19. R

Rudde's Build

Hello I just got my Expander card installed in the cumputer and I don't get up the hard drives (LSI 1068E controller) on the SUPERMICRO X8ST3-F motherboard. The card get pretty hot and I have 3 green ligths on it solig (of the 6) and one flashing, the one on the top is flashing and the three on...
  20. R

Rudde's Build

SUPERMICRO X8ST3-F and the CPU Intel W3670