Search results

1. F

Disable boot ROM on Mellanox ConnectX-2?

Everything's working perfectly! Thanks for all the help! c:\Users\chris\Desktop\mellanox>flint -d /dev/mst/mt26448_pci_cr0 --allow_rom_change drom -I- Preparing to remove ROM ... Removing ROM image - OK Restoring signature - OK
  2. F

Updated with the "-allow_psid_change" flag and it seems to have worked! On to editing out the boot rom c:\Users\chris\Desktop\mellanox>flint -d /dev/mst/mt26448_pci_cr0 -i fw-ConnectX2-rel-2_9_1200-MNPA19_A1-A3-FlexBoot-3.3.400.bin -allow_psid_change burn Note: Both the image file and the...
  3. F

The command didn't work for me. The firmware name was actually 100% exactly what you said, so the command matched perfectly. Here is what I got, though: c:\Users\chris\Desktop\mellanox>flint -d /dev/mst/mt26448_pci_cr0 -i fw-ConnectX2-rel-2_9_1200-MNPA19_A1-A3-FlexBoot-3.3.400.bin burn...
  4. F

I'm shocked that's how easy it is. Thanks for breaking it down so succinctly. I'll do it as soon as I'm off this work call. I wasn't able to. I don't even have "network" boot enabled as an option... hard drive only.
  5. F

Wow, that is pretty amazing. So using MFT, I can basically load/edit a firmware? Why don't all companies have this?! Is there a guide on how to do this?
  6. F

Hey everyone. Searched, but couldn't find anything on this. I have a Mellanox ConnectX-2 ethernet adapter I got for cheap, which allows me to connect my office PC to my lab rack switches at 10gbps (via fibre). It works great... especially when upgrading from the crappy built-in Windows drivers...
  7. F

Dell H200 $34

Good to hear. I have a crossflashed H200 sitting in a drawer right now. I just need to get another R710 with 3.5" bays, which I should have shortly. The R210 is nice, but I get the R710s because they are cheap, plenty fast for what I do, come with 2.5" and 3.5" chassis, and can run up to 288GB...
  8. F

Dell H200 $34

So you are using the H200 in IT mode with 8TB drives? I have an R710 with a PERC 6/i and tried to upgrade a three-disk 2TB RAID5 VD with three Western Digital 8TB drives (WD80EZZX drives shucked from external USB enclosures). As everyone but me probably knows, the PERC 6/i has a hard 2TB limit...