Search results

1. M

Horaco ZX-SWTG3C12F - 12* 10g SFP+ L3 Managed Switch

J/W how's it holding up still? I'm eyeing one as a homelab network core. Did it come with rack ears and screw holes or desktop only? Did you ever replace the fan with something from Noctua or similar and do you recall if the fan pin header was 2 pin or 3 pin? I doubt I'll be able to get away...
  2. M

Brocade ICX-6450-48p $95+ shipping or less

I counted 5 POE and 5 non in their second posted image. 2 already sold. As long as everything works (seller didn't disclose testing when asked and seller doesn't accept returns; stuck with eBay buyer protection if bad ports or didn't get the model actually desired) could still be a decent deal...
  3. M

Brocade ICX-6450-48p $95+ shipping or less

I'm watching it too. Have a PM going w/seller to ascertain what switch one would receive due to their mixing or POE and non-POE in the same auction as well as few other general Qs. Seller's response to everything- let them know what you'd like (in PM, during checkout, IDK; also no clue how that...
  4. M

iDRACula Vulnerability Impacts Millions of Legacy Dell EMC Servers

Who needs iDRACula when you have Supermicro boards reportedly shipping with an extra "value added" spy chip? ;) iDRACula is one heck of a find. Well done!
  5. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Do the ears of a 6450-48P (or a -24P) allow for vertically wall mounting the switch?
  6. M

No, the PSU fan never spins down; it is always full tilt. I'm going to try swapping the PSU to slot 1 to match fan slot 1 rather than fan slot 1, PSU slot 2 that it shipped with.
  7. M

I finally had a chance to rack my 6610-24. Chassis fan enclosure- silent as a mouse post boot. Or, if not, it definitely isn't noticeable over the PSU fans. Speaking of the PSU, I was expecting some fan/airflow noise from it but wow is the exhaust fan loud. It's more than capable of drowning out...
  8. M

Supermicro-SC847E16-R1400LPB - Who has succeeded?

@sfbayzfs What is your ambient and an idea of an approx dBA for a -847 (either JBOD and/or w/MB) running the -125l4s? I'm currently running 4 -126l4s and while keeping drives cool, their (when the system is mostly idle) drone can be heard clear across the house when it's quiet. I'm looking at...