Search results

1. S

WTTF: 10GbaseT SFP+ that works in ICX6610 and Intel cards

Just an fyi, I'm currently running 4x fs.com sfp-10g-t with generic coding without issues in an ics6610. I got mine cheaper then they seem to be going for currently, but never had an issue with them so might be worth it at $69
  2. S

FS: [US-CO] 7.68TB SAS SSD Fire Sale, Ubiquity Gear Added, Sonic Wall (Gotta Go)

Seller is out of town ATM I believe, but the lot of samsungs were snagged. No more rust in the SAN for me ;) If I could afford the seagate's I'd prefer them for the performance and write endurance, but the samsung will fit my needs well enough.
  3. S

FS: [US-CO] 7.68TB SAS SSD Fire Sale, Ubiquity Gear Added, Sonic Wall (Gotta Go)

They will. They are sas3, so you won't get full speed of the drives unless you have sas3 backplane and hba/raid controllers to connect them to, but they'll just sync up at the lower sas2 speeds.
  4. S

Seagate 5TB 2.5" external drive - 95$ [costco]

I've ran 6x 4tb in a mirrored zfs for the last 3y or so only experiencing one failure. I had a spare on hand and the array was back up to full performance the next morning. I honestly didn't notice a performance hit in my usage. My array usage is primary backup destination and media storage...
  5. S

Intel VCA Card Under $800

Hey Patrick, I ended up getting one as well. I couldn't find 16gb stick at any kind of reasonable price, but did end up getting 6x8gb micron sticks from the compatibility list from ebay@$170 shipped. If anyone has a lead on some 16gb unbuffered sodimms I would be interested, but best I could...
  6. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Same here. I ended up using a 2p Intel server and put each drive in a 4xpcie to m2 adapter. I am running 3x~1tb m2 drives in raidz and things have been up and stable for over a year now. Between them and a 800gb pcie flash drive I have a very fast flash tier of storage and use the 24x2.5" for...
  7. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

That is actually one of the boards I was unable to get it working in. Setting the bios to x4x4x4x4 would only allowed 2 of the 4 drives to be detected. I have sense installed an AMD S7150 in to the same board without issues. So it seems to be something specifically with this card. I would have...
  8. S

Samsung PM953 960gb m.2 $179 and new

I thought that only 4x4x4x4x bifurication support was required as well, but that is not the case. I have quite a few servers with the support(Dell, SMC and Intel) that I tried to get the card running with and I was never able to get all 4 m.2 devices to be detected. Maybe others have had better...
  9. S

Looking for Hitachi firmware

Well I never got the time to call support, but I was able to get the drives working with all controllers. It turns out they were formatted with a 520 block. After going through the process outlined in the forums I now have all the drives showing as supported.
  10. S

Looking for Hitachi firmware

I recently picked up 8xHUSSL4040ASS600 SAS2 ssds for use in testing vsan and eventually as a dedicated flash datastore for my VMs. I just got the drives installed, but an getting a blocked status on my h710p raid card. I wanted to try updating the firmware to the current as they seem to be at...
  11. S

Intel / Corvil 7300 / R2224GZ4GCSAS Server 2x 8-Core Xeon E5-2650 2GHz 64GB - 450$ *SOLD*

I need another server like I need a hole in my head.. PM sent, I'll take her.
  12. S

Intel / Corvil 7300 / R2224GZ4GCSAS Server 2x 8-Core Xeon E5-2650 2GHz 64GB - 450$ *SOLD*

I run this same board, but in an 8bay LFF Intel chassis. It's a fantastic base for a super quiet home server. The board has 24 dimm slots, so plenty of ram capability. I run mine in a open rack in my living room and guests never know its powered on. I run dual 2650v2, 64gb ram, 512gb NVME...
  13. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Hey Alex, They do not work properly in x9 series SMC boards. The best I could get is two drives accessable, slot 1 and slot 3. I am unable to get any more to show. I don't have any newer consumer series hardware to test on. As I stated before it should work in the latest series board that have...
  14. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

I honestly couldn't say. I don't know of anyone with a Ryzen setup to try it on. If anyone in the Denver area would like to give it a go I am up for meeting up and testing it out. Linux support shouldn't be an issue at all. As long as your board has the pcie bifurcation settings to set a 16x...
  15. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Amazon my friend. In stock and shipping through Prime.Actually just checked and no longer available through Prime, but still available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753JTJTG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I love the card and would totally consider wasting 2x 16x slots to...
  16. S

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Has anyone used an Asus Hyper m.2 x16 card and been able to bifurcate all 4 drive ports? I am running into a weird issue with both my SMC servers. They both have the option to change the pcie port from 16x to 4x4x4x4, but no matter what I do I can not see more that 2 drives of the 4 installed on...
  17. S

FREE: Celestix 2U x86 network appliance with SAS, 8 x 1GbE, etc

I'd be interested in the idle power draw on it. Could be interesting to play with.
  18. S

Still have the 4 x ironwolfs? Whats the best you can do on all 4 shipped to 80239?

Still have the 4 x ironwolfs? Whats the best you can do on all 4 shipped to 80239?
  19. S

FS: APC SRT8KRMXLT 8kva 208v

Where are you located? Have you checked on shipping? I actually have one of those myself brand new in my rack.. If only I had some 220v to actually be able to use it. I've tried selling it locally, but seems everyone else has the same issue.
  20. S

PCIe to M.2 Adapters Ableconn PEXM2-110 v Startech Low Profile

What kind of performance are you seeing with the drives? Are you running into any thermel issues?