Search results

1. J

Infiniband Multicast

Hi Rand__, you are correct, the solution was to upgrade to ESXi 6.5 update 1 which contains vSAN 6.6. vSAN 6.6 removes the need for multicast. Thank you.
  2. J

Infiniband Multicast

Yes, all hosts respond to ping and vmkping
  3. J

Infiniband Multicast

1. I'm installing vcenter and esxi 6.5 w/ update 1 now 2. The alarms are: "Active multicast connectivity check" & "Multicast assessment based on other checks" 3. Yes, all vmk nics have vSAN checked The symptom is the storage is partitioned.
  4. J

Infiniband Multicast

Hi, I'm running: ESXi, 6.5.0, 4887370 OFED 1.8.2.5 ConnectX-2 MHQH29C with 2.9.1000 IS5035 switch with subnet manager I followed the instructions here: 10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt I am able to get IPoIB working and all of the hosts can ping each other. However, multicast is...
  5. J

Mellanox MIS5035Q-1BRC - Managed 36-Port QDR Infiniband Switch $350

Does anyone know if the MIS5035Q includes subnet manager functionality with the base license?
  6. J

ConnectX-2 (MHQH29C-XTR) and ESXi 6.5

The Link speed is 40000 Mbps but the Supported speed is 10000 Mbps, full duplex. Did I do something wrong, or is this correct?
  7. J

Thank you very much. That did it!!! :D
  8. J

I really need help with this. I'm trying to get a ConnectX-2 (MHQH29C-XTR) to work with ESXi 6.5 with the inbox drivers. According to VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search should work, although I am using firmware version 2.9.1000 since that is all I have and cannot locate later...
  9. J

iSCSI SAN With Windows Server 2016

Please let me know if this is any assistance to you Deploying Windows Server 2012 with SMB Direct (SMB over RDMA) and the Mellanox ConnectX-2/ConnectX-3 using InfiniBand – Step by Step Also, just out of curiosity, why are you trying iSCSI and not SMB 3.0 direct?
  10. J

Inexpensive SFP+ for Server 2016

Which driver/firmware are you using?