Search results

1. C

$300 FS: 1.3TB PCIe Fusion-io/SanDisk HPE Workload Accelerator

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Maybe use it as a workstation scratch/testing/dev area or as a gaming drive. I already use a dedicated SSD for steam games, so its not big deal if this needs drivers and isn't bootable. The price is better than consumer NVME drives, and only...
  2. C

$300 FS: 1.3TB PCIe Fusion-io/SanDisk HPE Workload Accelerator

Whats the difference between one of these and an NVME drive? You just can't boot them? They look like they'd make an awesome gaming or vm storage drive, price isn't that much more than some "normal" SATA SSDs I've seen recently.
  3. C

Samsung SM843T 480Gb $105 w/warrentee

**** it, in for two. Will see what happens.
  4. C

HOT Supermicro 1U E5 V1/ V2 2.5" $375!!!! w/ LSI

Not that server, if you want a 1U that'll be *ok* for a living room, look at the Dell R210 II, I just updated the firmware on mine last night and swear it dropped down another peg on the fans when idle. I can hear it, but barely so. When my apt AC runs I can't hear it at all. If you stick it...
  5. C

They don;t seem to be selling too fast, hopefully he still has some in a month or so. I went a little overboard with some stuff last month so now I have to sit out buying anything until after the new year.
  6. C

Is the X9DRH-7F a good board for doing a dual-xeon setup? Most of the e6-2600 compatible boards are $400USD+ right now. I'm thinking maybe you could get this, swap the board into a larger case (for sound purposes, I have the 24bay supermicro), then find something else to do with the 1u chassis...
  7. C

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 2: Supermicro Bargain Bin, Drives, Fans, DOMs Network stuff

SMART dump on the 2TB reds, plus shipping quote to 33716 for all 4?
  8. C

Awesome Deals on 10Gb NIC Cards, Switches and Servers

How loud are those Quanta QSSC-2ML's? I'm about 15ft from the half-rack in my office (mostly silent network gear for our small office) and I do take phone calls, so it can't be terribly loud, but I need something to do development on.
  9. C

FS - Nine (9) IBM M1015 Controllers - $85 each

Received, tested good the one time I booted it.