Search results

1. Madhelp

LSI 9300-16i $129 obo

The seller has added more cards to listing at $135. Also it looks like the five cards that were sold at $109 were nixed as the sale is gone from the sold log.
  2. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

@foureight84 your the man! I can't wait to print out an air shroud as well. STH is the best!
  3. Madhelp

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Yeah I had a similar experience with this seller. I ordered 87 drives. A couple of drives I had issues with right from the jump and because it was within the return window the return process was very straight forward. Then I had two drives fail smart tests 4-5 months after purchase. Like...
  4. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Right on, thanks for pointing that out.
  5. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Thanks for this insight, I'll definitely go this route (esxi 6.7 vs 7). On another note, I wish I bought a second one. Hopefully more of these boxes come on the market soon.
  6. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I got my power supply yesterday as well. I had an SSD with Windows Server on it which I plugged in and it came right up. I downloaded ESXi but I didn't get a change to try it yet. I will report back when I do.
  7. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Nope, no drives like @mrseth1.
  8. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I got my Riverbed server today. I was expecting what was pictured above however mine came with two 2GB DIMM's, dual 2.5" tray with second SATA/power cable, and an out-of-band management card. Now I need to purchase a power supply to make sure it boots.
  9. Madhelp

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I grabbed one with a BO of $35 and he countered with $40 which I accepted. It looks like a cool versatile unit.
  10. Madhelp

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Did the extra caddies come inside the chassis or did they send you a different chassis all together?
  11. Madhelp

Right... I feel like I just lost $870 dollars. :confused:
  12. Madhelp

I reached out the seller a month and a half ago to buy 50 plus drives and he said $119.95 was the lowest they would go regardless of quantity. I ended up ordering 86 at that price and returning two that gave me issues. So far so good tho.
  13. Madhelp

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

Where in Maryland and for how much?
  14. Madhelp

THE CHIA FARM

I won my first two XCH this morning boys! I'm farming on two computers at about a rate of 20 or so plots per day and I currently have 307. Keep plugging away and hope for the best. I'm wondering now if I should convert the coins into something else...
  15. Madhelp

[US] Hitachi Ultrastar A7K2000 HUA722020ALA331 2TB 32 MB $32.99

They have a coupon you can use "PSHOPTECH417" to drop the drives down to $47. I picked up four myself, thanks for the plug.
  16. Madhelp

Do you guys spindown disks in zfs pools?

@T_Minus Thanks for your insight. I hear everything your saying and it's very logical and hard to disagree with. On the other hand I'm not sure I fully agree. In regards to temperature cycling, I doubt for most end users we are really talking about huge temperature swings here. If your spinning...
  17. Madhelp

Do you guys spindown disks in zfs pools?

Does anyone have any data to support that spinning the drive down and up causes more wear then running a drive 24/7? Just curious...
  18. Madhelp

Matched Pair Intel Xeon X5675's free shipping $102.50

I'm saying it's an auction it could go up...
  19. Madhelp

$27 FS: Intel SSDSC2BB080G4 DC S3500 80GB 2.5

I just grabbed one, thanks for the plug!
  20. Madhelp

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

I am so excited I was able to pick up one of these guys. I had to buy new DAC's and SFP+ to get it going, but honestly at this price it's no big deal for my small needs. Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M DAC - not working Intel FTLX8571D3BCV-IT SFP+ - not working I picked up the following gear: Arista...