Search results

1. M

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Glad to see everyone is still working on their builds. I'll post updates about mine tomorrow, I have changed alot. It's been running non-stop for the past few months with zero issues; its now my main development machine.
  2. M

On another know, does anyone know if this board supports s/1/2/3/4 sleep or hibernate modes? With the step up it supposedly shuts down the powersupply and such properly but how about sleep/hibernate?
  3. M

System up and running stable, 2x 2650 CPU, 64GB Ram, Nvidia 520GT, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, dual screens running properly. I have not installed the 5v-> 12v step up yet, it seems that's the final step.
  4. M

The extrusion look great! I decided to go a cheaper route and get angle aluminium. Basically the same setup but with angle instead of exttruded. I'm speechless. This thing looks awesome, it almost looks oem!
  5. M

EPS-12V rewired to 8pin PCIe is it possible?

Let me start out by saying I know the pinouts are different and there's no way to physically connect the two. What I want to do is rewire the existing CPU 8 pin to an 8pin PCIe. I'm wondering if the CPU 8 pin can supply enough power to the 8 pin PCIe connector. I notice there lots of molex to...
  6. M

These are some of the cleanest looking builds I've seen in a while, this is exactly why I wanted to use this board. Great job guys! I've got my temporary fan controller up and going, gonna start throwing the case together.
  7. M

ESXI 5.5 GPU passthrough - Finally.

Could you do some benchmarks? I'd be interested in seeing how much of a hit it'd take versus in a normal configuration.
  8. M

Quick sneak peek before the build starts. Currently building a cpu fan controller and waiting for the step up. Case under construction. Sorry for the potato quality. @drabadue
  9. M

No power distributor board needed! The jump pins and the stepup will allow you to use the power button onboard. Once I get my system fully up and going I'm gonna do a huge writeup and post a link here.
  10. M

Welcome to the journey! There's two things to worry about with these boards that may or may not be an issue: Power and SATA ports. Most of the power issues have been figured out, drabadue's post here outlines the jumpers and cables needed to get the board going. You're going to need a power...
  11. M

If you look at both of our path cables in the pictures, both tabs are facing frontwards. So starting with the front left, your first pin connects to +3.3V off the 24Pin connector, my first left pin goes to +12V on the 8Pin CPU connector. EDIT: nevermind I'm drunk, I was reading the 24pin psu...
  12. M

This is what I was talking about with the port difference, look at the difference in wording on V1.1 port 20/21. Also, sorry had a busy week couldn't spend much time debunking. V1.0 V1.1
  13. M

Very interesting, I've noticed a difference in physical ports between v1.0 and v1.1....if you look towards the back connectors on a TDN55(v1.1) there are two ports there that are not on the v1.0. I think I'm going to order a v1.1 for kicks and giggles if for some reason I can't get my other...
  14. M

@thomasz. I'm pretty jealous :p @drabadue I think this will answer alot of questions regarding the sata. If they do work, then there's a loopback trace somewhere on that interposer...which would be a pain in the ass. These GPGPU slots are always weird, they were specifically designed for...
  15. M

@drabadue I have a sneaking suspicion that the SATA ports on the board are actually attached to the interposer, I'll see if it's possible to trace these to prove that; I've dealt with many boards that had a similar setup. When the interposer board is connected, do the onboard SATA ports...
  16. M

@drabadue V1.0, are there any immediate issues I should be aware about? From what I've read so far, power supply to modded connector to board, jump the two pins and it'll power up? I can research more about the power modes, I know someone had a good writeup going. As for HDD's, I'm gonna try...
  17. M

Pretty cool this thread is still going, I've been lurking it for quite some time. I have 2 E52600 series CPU's, the board, a 750Watt power supply an the C6100 power cable. I've gotten some pretty ridiculous setups working in the past so here's to hopefully pulling through on this one too. I'll...