Search results

1. M

Flash M5014 to IT mode?

Hi guys, is it possible to flash IBM M5014 to IT mode? I know M5015 can be and I already have LSI FW (IR mode) on M5014, but for ZFS, we need IT mode.
  2. M

What to do with Quanta T3048-LY2 switch

For everyone else, who can not get QNOS licenses, I think SONIC might work as well. https://azure.github.io/SONiC/ Try and report back. I see people report it will not work as it is PPC arch. I guess one can use older CumulisLinux images, that were still compiled for PPC. Hint: C.L. might even...
  3. M

How many LY2R units do you have? Maybe, just maybe, we can work something out in private to get you your MLAG supported licenced QNOS without Quantas help. :-)
  4. M

@hatchi you are correct, QCT won't support them :-) However QNOS can be found on Quantas website. I am willing to buy them at a cheap price, if you, or any others are interested. Cheap means 300$ per unit. Even the ones that do not have any OS installed or any license. On a related note, I am...
  5. M

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Has anyone tested FastIron Multi-Chassis Trunking as described in manual page 885 on these switches? Can anyone, who has two of these, test this?
  6. M

[SOLVED] Change MAC address on Quanta LY2R

If anyone cares, I managed to permanently change the mac address. Details can be given in private, if you msg me. It takes quite some effort, but works. :) Now, if anyone has valid QNOS license for any MAC, please let me know... in private. :-) Sadly Quanta won't sell me any for switches I...
  7. M

I might be successful in saving the MAC to flash, if I erase that part of flash first. Any ideas how to find that part of flash?
  8. M

Hi guys, I have almost exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I opened a new thread here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/help-me-get-qnos-on-quanta-t3048-ly2r.29345/
  9. M

Hi guys, can anyone help me permanently or temporarily change MAC address with U-Boot on Quanta LY2R? This does not work: => setenv ethaddr CENSORED:AA => saveenv Saving Environment to Flash... Un-Protected 1 sectors Erasing Flash... . done Erased 1 sectors Writing to Flash...
  10. M

[SOLVED] Looking for 7.39.00.00 mptsas2.rom (need to get aroud NMI red screen error in HP Gen8)

Hi, i got HP DL380p Gen 8 server. I bought Fujitsu D2607 card and flashed it to LSI firmware in IT mode as shown here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57815-fujitsu-d2607-8i-crossflash-to-lsi-9211-8i/ Now I have a NMI error and am looking to replace 7.39.02.00 mptsas2.rom with non NMI error...
  11. M

2 x interconnected Quanta LB6M won't forward tagged VLAN traffic over LAG

Clients are 802.1q aware hypervisors. Tagged vlan traffic works among-st other hosts on the same switch, if just fails to traverse internal bond to the other switch. :-( I do not understand why not. Config seems fine to me. :-/ Here is the config for client port: interface 0/4 no spanning-tree...
  12. M

Thank you for reply. Current config. first node: interface 1/1 description 'Port-channel na XXXXX' no port-channel static port-channel load-balance 6 no spanning-tree port mode mtu 9216 vlan pvid 113 vlan participation exclude 1 vlan participation include 113,600,666-667 vlan tagging...
  13. M

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Does brocade's v.7 support MC LAG or stacking?
  14. M

Hi guys, I have two Quanta LB6M connected together in LAG with LACP. Only the pvid (default) VLAN traffic is getting passed through their inter connection (LAG 1/1), all other VLANs work only on specific switch, do not get relayed. Can you share your config, if you have it working?
  15. M

HW RAID card for QSSC-2ML with DA0S2MMB8B0 mobo

Hi guys, I have two Quanta QSSC-2ML servers with DA0S2MMB8B0 motherboard and 2 x E5 - 2650 CPU. They were very cheap to buy. Because of the BIOS bugs (and lack of BIOS updates) in order to use them with ProxMox (PM by default creates GPT with EFI and BIOS/boot partition which DA0S2MMB8B0 BIOS...