Search results

1. D

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

I've opted to go for the regular desktop home user style board, but with a nice geekworm pikvm plugged into it. This is for my future desktop replacement system (I RDP into my desktop, no monitors attached) For my NAS however, I would still heavily lean towards a "real" IPMI based solution...
  2. D

A2SDi-4C-HLN4F - boot problems after bios upgrade

Recently updated mine, it changed boot order on me, I thought it was dead but it's all good, just a bios boot order change. 1.8.
  3. D

Choosing a compatible M.2?

Can you confirm if the m.2 slot being used, does or does not disable any SATA ports?
  4. D

Supermicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F Review Intel Atom C3758 Power

Thanks for that, a shame but at least I know!
  5. D

Just installed an A2SDi-8C-HLN4F, IT flash required?

This confirms my question elsewhere, at least I know :( Thanks.
  6. D

Supermicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F Review Intel Atom C3758 Power

Can I ask a stupid question. Can the board work with SAS drives? A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F | Motherboards | Products | Supermicro It comes with a MINI SAS HD-4 SATA cable. I get the impression the system is incapable of working with SAS as the specs say: "SATA SoC controller for 12 SATA3 (6 Gbps)...
  7. D

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

Has anyone actually purchased and used this board? What are the implications of the chipset on it? I am wanting a particularly fast workstation machine, which I remote desktop to, all the time, in an ITX form factor, this appears to be close to what I need. (I like IPMI a lot so I can...
  8. D

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Yes MeshCommander really saved my bacon, it works really well. The AMD AMC tool (I grabbed it, despite no machines) actually looks maintained, updated and not half bad (IF ALL THE BUTTONS IN THE TOOL DO STUFF!) My entire worry / complaint, is that I'm going to buy a Lenovo unit, which actually...
  9. D

I've found some indication it may be f10 or shift f10 It's not clear, at all
  10. D

I've spent the entire day trying to find out, if the Lenovo M75Q can actually do DASH / KVM / VNC properly, the results across the web are very very poor, sounds like a lot of maybe, no, possibly from a variety of people and a lot of frustration. Has anyone got one of these? Preferably Gen 2...
  11. D

Any idea when well get a Denverton successor?

I mean something with some actual performance, low power, low heat, reasonable price, available to build in ITX systems, like the C3xxx
  12. D

On the unit I have none of the AMT has ever been a problem, but I have a very basic network. Is it possible you have dynamic IP or something like that?
  13. D

Hello all! I have what might be a really stupid question but I can't be sure of the answer(s) What is the difference between the HP 805 and 405 G8 series, BESIDES the dual m.2 slots and the egpu option? Is anything else lacking? There's reference to "out of band management" on several pages...
  14. D

6 years now, still nothing to replace it.
  15. D

It's a 5 year old processor it would be nice if they finally replaced this thing.
  16. D

HP G800 Mini G3 (1 Ethernet) can it do PFSense?

Oh I know the drama with Opn and PF, sadly I use the word for the more common one, but I won't ever go near PFSense. I trust the opinion of nerds and they seem pretty sick of them. I'm happy with this little box for the time being, once it's proven itself, I'll be happy to switch to it but I...
  17. D

Oh I learnt my lesson the hard way with this one. I purchased a dead cheap, 32GB M.2 SSD - but it's SATA and the M.2 port is ONLY NVMe, so they don't work. Anyhow I have a solution planned on this one.
  18. D

I'm particularly unskilled at all this, however it does seem to be working. It's not even my 'production' machine, it's behind my real, normal DSL router (So I'm running 2 networks, for testing) The Chromecast, PS5, Switch are ethernet plugged into a 4 Port, Wireless AP / Router / Switch (in AP...
  19. D

I have received an RTL card from Amazon, A+E key. Sadly the ethernet 'block' sans the metal bracket is still not quite fitting in. So we have it hanging out the back. With soldering or bending of pins, I could make it fit but I'm ok with this. The adapter is working and I need to continue...
  20. D

Ok I have learnt a lot in the last hour, the "wifi slot" is usable, it's an E-Key, apologies, Gigabit does exist for it. 3 options, RTL8111, nice and cheap, common. Rumour has it, terrible in PFSense? https://www.dfrobot.com/product-2318.html &...