Search results

1. J

Eaton PDU question

Not sure this is the right sub forum/category but I am also not sure what would be the correct spot. I am looking at a new PDU, wondering if this could be used on a standard 120v us outlet? Im not great with the various types of connectors...
  2. J

Att 2gig service weird speedtests

I am going to toss this under networking as I think it is mostly networking.... I recently upgraded from ATT gigabit fiber to the 2gig service. With the old 1 gig service I used to use the whole dumb switch bypass to bypass the router gateway and just shoot everything to PFsense. With the new...
  3. J

XL710QDA-2 / Mellanox Low Profile Brackets

Anyone have an idea where you can find brackets for the Intel 40gb QSFP card? I have two that did not come with them. It appears that the holes line up with Mellanox cards so I am willing to bet they work as well. Coming up short on eBay with these things.
  4. J

Arista 7050 basic switching

I got a great deal on a used 7050 that I am trying get working with my setup. I have followed the initial setup guide to get the management interface working. I have two servers both with ESXI 6.5, a Connect X3 and uplinked to a vswitch on each server and both nics connected to the switch (port...
  5. J

40gbe speed questions

Now that 40gbe hardware has fallen a bit in price I made the move but had some questions on the speeds I am getting. My setup: R720xd with a ConnectX 3 running ESXI, the VM is Centos connected with a VMNetx3 adapter. On the other side I have an R710 with a ConnectX 3 running ESXI and a Centos...
  6. J

Question about Arista switches

Do used switches from Arista require a license subscription to work? Specifically models like this Arista DCS-7050QX-32S-R 32x 40GbE QSFP+ 4x 10GbE SFP+ Port 1U Switch RTF Airflow | eBay