Search results

1. I

X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

Damn it... should have researched this better... Thanks anyway! Just made a windows application to generate the "codes" using that information for the next time I need one. PM me if someone is interested.
  2. I

X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

Just in case anyone was having the same problem as I did... This thread ended up saving me! So I bought a new Supermicro X11DPH-I and a cheap ES CPU just to test the board. However the motherboard came with bios v3.0c which didn't detect the CPU. It would hang on POST with a message saying "PEI...
  3. I

EU WTB: QSFP+ Dust Covers

Ok, I was not sure if it was that or the ones that go on the cables. Found this better deal on ebay. It's a lot of them, but for that price I wouldn't mind the extra ones... :D
  4. I

EU WTB: QSFP+ Dust Covers

Is this what you are looking for? Ebay
  5. I

EU Mellanox 100Gbps optical EDR infiniband cables 5-20m $45 / 35GBP

Confirmed, they also do 100GbE :)
  6. I

EXPIRED Dell MLX CX4 100G QSFP28 LP €160 - Gone

Got the cable for 100Gb and... it works! :) This is actually connecting 2 cards back to back, one with original firmware in Linux CentOS and the other with the flashed version (12.23.1020) in Windows server 2016. Cable from this tread. STH forum rules! :cool: Now to find a 100Gb switch...:rolleyes:
  7. I

Yeah, also 40GbE can't handle my HighPoint SSD7101A-1 RAID Controller throughput... got to think ahead :D
  8. I

I've already got mines and I've been doing some connectivity tests with the FW that comes with them. They are detected in windows as ConnectX-4 with the standard drivers which is nice. They are also in Ethernet mode by default. This is what I get from flint (replaced MAC and GUID) C:\Program...
  9. I

EU Mellanox 100Gbps optical EDR infiniband cables 5-20m $45 / 35GBP

According to this mellanox doc 834972-B22 is the equivalent to MFA1A00-E005. And looking to their cable documentation, cables MFA1A00-Exxx are infiniband. The Ethernet ones are MFA1A00-Cxxx. If they work with Ethernet it would be interesting to know.
  10. I

I'm not angry, it was supposed to be a worried face. I've beem looking out for one of these for some time. Just checked the Mellanox doc's and it can only be this model. Can you confirm?
  11. I

Oh boy... just bought a couple of them.. hope they are the Mellanox MCX456A-ECAT ... :oops:
  12. I

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

So, I also manage to modify one of these switches :) Thanks mpogr for sharing your knowledge! The one thing that really pissed me off was how noisy these little things are! Instead of buying new low speed fans which would be just as expensive as the switch, I decided I would have to use the...
  13. I

Arista DCS-7050Q-16 transceiver compatibility

I shipped the 0.5m cables back to them I received a couple of 1m ones a few days ago. These ones work fine.
  14. I

I tried that. Plugged both ends of the cable on the switch. With 1m cable I get link and with "show inventory" command I see this: ... System has 24 transceiver slots Port Manufacturer Model Serial Number Rev ---- ---------------- ---------------- ---------------- ---- 1...
  15. I

Looks like the fan speeds do actually work after power cycling the switch. They just take a minute to slow down. - EDIT- Nop.. after leaving the switch off for one day, and them powering it on again, it ignores the fan settings and slows down for a bit, then goes back up to "normal jet speeds"...
  16. I

Mine came with version 4.12.7.1. So the enable3px file works fine. Just checked and it is always present even after power cycling the switch. The one thing that does not stays after power cycle is the damn fan speed setting (environment fan-speed override 30). It is stored in the running...
  17. I

When I did it the first time it continued to detect the cables/qsfp. Didn't went back to check if the file remains in the filesystem, but my guess is that it does. Otherwise a write command probably may have had save that along with the running config. When I bought it it came factory reseted to...
  18. I

So I've been playing with the fan settings and this baby handles the fans at 30% without any problem. Temperatures are between 28 and 42ºC idling. And the noise is a LOT less. Wow.. Also the power draw is a bit less. Anyway, going back to the subject... Bought a few QSFP+ cables and a RJ45 1GBe...
  19. I

Finally I got the switch and after some time playing with it here are my findings. It came with EOS version 4.12.7.1 and had no configuration on it. By default it did not detect any transceiver nor DAC cable. After running "touch /mnt/flash/enable3px" in bash it detectec my generic amphenol made...