Search results

1. T

Micron Support for SSDs?

Anyone have a contact at Micron for support? We have 6x Micron 5100 1.92Tb that keep dropping off the bus. All 6 SSDs have dropped out of different servers over the past year. About 1 drive drops per month or two. Pulling and re-inserting the drive brings it back online but when they drop...
  2. T

Micron M500 960GB SSD SATA III MLC 6Gb/s $50 with offer

We have have had issues with Micron 5100 randomly dropping. This was as recently as December 2019. All tested fine in in Storage Exec except one. RMA through Micron was a HUGE Pain. Micron does not have a support phone number, only an email. When I did not get a email response in 24 hours I...
  3. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Finally got the switch working. Had to do a full factory reset. Afterwards the switch is working normally. When I got the switch it did not boot to ZTP. I didn't think too much about it at the time. The switch was sold as new. So not sure why it did not come up to ZTP, and why I had to...
  4. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Still not getting the switch to pass traffic. I have tried 4.22.5f and 4.21.5f. Anyone have a link to 4.18.11M?
  5. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

No entries in the ARP table except the management interface. I am using Mellanox compatible QSFP cables that I bought new from FS.com. I chatted with a tech from FS.com today and his response was the Arista datasheet only lists Arista DAC, so he told me to buy a $50 Arista cable rather than...
  6. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I will fire up the switch and servers today and check the ARP.
  7. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I cannot pass IP traffic over the switch. I picked up a new DCS7050QX-32S. I have the firmware upgraded to 4.21.1 F. Connected four new Mellanox compatible cables purchased from fs.com. Originally I had the error on the transceiver which I corrected with the command here. The ports in the...
  8. T

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

So I have read through the thread, I just bought a DCS-7050QX-32S. Is there official word on what the most current firmware is that the S model will run?
  9. T

40Gbe+ TOR Switch Recommendations

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Mellanox SX6036 is an IB switch. It can run Ethernet but you need a rather expensive license. We have one now but the Ethernet section of the GUI is greyed out. Admittedly I have never tried to connect a QSFP to it as Ethernet.
  10. T

What about the Celestica DX010, supposing I can locate a couple? Is there an OS that can be loaded with a GUI? We are using an Arista 7050QX-32 now. Nothing wrong with the Arista. It is running an older firmware I have not taken the time to learn EOS with everything else I have going on so...
  11. T

I’m looking for recommendations on 40GbE QSFP+ or faster switches. It will be used for S2D Clusters so needs to be fully managed and support DCB, PFC and RDMA. I would prefer something with a GUI, or at least a CLI menu (like the HP switches), 16 – 36 Ports Used reliable enterprise sub $1000...
  12. T

Looking for an M.2 carrier card with PLX (4x M.2 on x16, no RAID)

Well I ordered one. It's direct ship from Supermicro so it will take a bit. I will post once I test it.
  13. T

Q4 2018 STH Lab Cleaning Thread

Patrick, Sent you a message about VPS partner offer.
  14. T

Looking for an M.2 carrier card with PLX (4x M.2 on x16, no RAID)

Has anyone tried one of the Supermicro adapters. Specifically if you can see more than 1 NVMe on a MB without Bifurcation?
  15. T

Samsung PM963 MZ1LW960HMJP info

Thanks but I read the Samsung info before I bought them. I was more looking for what kind of experience people had with them. If they had found any way to update the firmware. If they were Samsung or OEM, things like that.
  16. T

Bumping this. I thought someone would have run across these...? Todd
  17. T

I picked up a couple of these Samsung PM963 MZ1LW960HMJP-000MV from eBay and I was looking for some background info. I cannot find a lot about them on the web. They look like maybe OEM? Was looking to use them as cache in an Storage Spaces Direct cluster. Is there any firmware available...
  18. T

Need NVMe PCIe Adapter Recommendation

That looks like a good option. Base on the thread here it would only support 1 drive. I am wondering if there are any that will support 2x or more drives on this Supermicro MB?