Search results

1. T

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

Mine looked exactly the same as your pictures. I cleaned them up a bit, and all are working good. Good buy!
  2. T

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

I missed this round, but I am still looking at this. I have an Asrock ep2C602 MB, but it does not have the e5-2695 v2 or the e5-2696 v2 on the bios support list. The 2697 v2 is in the list. What are the odds that it will work anyways??
  3. T

Xeon E5-2660 V2 $124

I am running 2670v1. So this v2 is 400mhz slower, but 2 more cores. I think there is a lot of people on the cheap 2670. I would think we would pass unless we have boards that use pci gen3, and we really need gen 3. I keep looking for the magic v2 CPU upgrade, but for the same mhz and more...
  4. T

Adaptec 78165 (8x internal, 16x external) w/ flash backup - $215 OBO

Interesting card. Someone else asked and never heard a reply. What external enclosure are people hooking these up to? Seems like a great card if it could be paired to a cheap enclosure and add lots of spinners.
  5. T

IP Camera Recommendations

Just want to mention another option. I am running netcam studio on a windows vm. It can connect to many camera sources(64 max I believe). I have it running connected to 7 cameras (mostly foscam as they were cheap). Server side it's running on windows and connects to all the cameras. Then you...
  6. T

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

As an FYI, adding in resistors on the rear fans is not good. Besides very low airflow, then end up hunting in speed and sound terrible. I was trying it as a temporary solution until the fans suggested by chpher256 show up. I had high hopes that since the resistors worked for the power supply...
  7. T

Nice writeup! I agree the resistor on the power supply bring it down to acceptable levels. Nice to see that the replacement fans make the noise acceptable. I checked those fans out, and they are 9000r pm, so I would have thought they would be too noisy. I am guessing it's the design of the...
  8. T

I received my switch today, and it's no lie. This thing is LOUD. too loud for a home switch, even in my basement. I installed new 40mm fans (4000rpm), but the airflow is actually not enough even from a first try. The ?cpu? socket gets hot, and I can see that it needs more air. I then went...
  9. T

Much appreciated Drewy. I missed that the management ports could be used for telnet. Clears things up 100%
  10. T

So I took the plunge after reading this forum and am awaiting my delivery tomorrow. I read the 1st 20 pages of this thread so far, and the last 2-3. There is a lot to take in. I already have new fans to change out the existing ones, and ordered a cable to get to the interface. My...