Search results

1. C

U.2 to PCIe Low profile adapter

I want to use U.2 drives in a 2U server that doesn't have full height slots or an NVMe backplane. I've seen what looks like full height U.2 to PCIe adapters for drives and physically there seems to be the ability for a half height/low profile adapter to be made but I haven't found one. Does one...
  2. C

SSD Recommendation for TIG Stack

I'm looking for some 2.5 in SSDs to put in a Dell PowerEdge R620. I'll use them for a TIG stack. I'm thinking 1.6 to 1.9 TB range. I don't expect that I'll need more than 0.5 to 1 DWPD. Since it is mainly for a non critical monitoring platform, they don't have to be lightning fast. I'm ok with...
  3. C

Need to pick out / build SAN

I need to figure out a shared storage solution for a VMWare install. My previous install is an older Dell Equalogic SAN. I want to go with a SAN over a FreeNAS so that I can have dual controllers. I don't need the latest and greatest generation so I'm hoping to be able to find some good gear...
  4. C

HP P410 issues

I have a HP P410 with cache and battery. I updated the firmware to the latest, but then it seems somewhere along the updates HP made it so that you can only use the card in an HP system. I can't seem to find out what LSI card this is a rebrand of to be able to cross flash it and be able to use...